Chapter 44: Ignorance Is Bliss

Iris pov

"Are you sure you're ok?" milo asked looking over me worriedly

"Y-yeah milo i'm fine" I stuttered feeling a bit awkward

"Are you sure, do you need anything?"

"She's perfectly fine" we heard before turning back to milos dad who was glaring at me "it should be us you need to be worried about not her" he declared while I glanced at milos family to see that some of them still had some scraps and bruises from milos.... Little rampage.

When milo reveled that the people attacking the pack house were actually his family members, I tried to talk him out of punishing them, but he didn't listen to me at all. And after watching him take down not only his father, but his own mother and sisters its really was an eye opener on just how strong my mate really is.

"Iris is my mate, she is my top priority" milo declared while I couldnt stop the smile spread across my lips hearing him say that "after that is Gwen" milo announced causing the others to turn to her as she sat down in a chair next to us

"...what's up" she waved acting fairly calm in this situation

After the fight I felt a little guilty about what milo did to the others, so I invited them back to the pack house to get things sorted out. The other pack members took the hint and left the pack house to tend to the injured fighters, but Gwen on the other hand didn't even ask before she followed us into the living room, grabbing herself a chair and sitting down right next to me and milo on the couch, but I guess I really couldn't blame her. Who wouldn't want to know what the hell was going on.

"You care more about these two bitches over your own family!" one of milos sisters exclaimed insulted pissing me off.

"Don't insult iris" milo said about to stand up making every one of them go wide eyed till I quickly grabbed milos hand.

"Milo stop it's alright".

"But she-" milo started.

"I know what she said but remember we're inside our house. I don't need you bringing the whole place down. I can take care of myself" I reassured him, and he was hesitant but soon sat back down with a small pout on his lips while I turned to milos family "so I think we got off on the wrong foot here".

"Yes, we never wanted a fight, we just want milo" his mother declared while I couldnt help but stare at her for a bit.

Now that my emotions were finally back to normal the resemblance between milo and his family members were uncanny. Each and every one of his sisters were just as beautiful as he was especially his mother and aunt, if I wasn't so upset before I might have been able to smell the similar scents on them too.

"I'm not going back" milo declared before he grabbed onto my hand "this is where I belong now"

"No, you doubt!"

"How can you even survive up on the surface!"

"Everyone up here is so ugly!"

"They all stink!"

"This is no way for a prince to live!"

"We all miss you so much!" everyone shouted over on another annoying the hell out of me

"Shut up!" I shouted using my alpha voice making them all turn to me a bit surprised "how the hell do you expect anyone to hear you like that!" I exclaimed causing the room to fall into a small silence

"... did you just say prince?" Gwen asked breaking the silence looking towards one of milos sisters

"Yes, milo is the rightful heir to the throne. Once my father deems that he is ready to step down milo will become king" she declared while I went wide eyed before turning to milo who only sighed looking annoyed