12.

-You-You think....

-I don't think, Timmy. I'm a doctor. Doctor says- go and check.

-What if...

-I don't know. I hope you lucky enough.

Speed nodded, took the note and left. 

'I hope that won't be a prize you'll pay for your mistake' Alexx thought.

Speed stood outside startled. He just couldn't believe. As a scientist he knew the probability is relatively low- especially for man having sex with a positive woman. There was still possibility of course.. He just hoped it won't be him- this low possible percent. 'What a jerk you are Speedle' he mumbled to himself.

'The girl was dead and you can only think about your own ass...'

Entering the ward he stopped at the reception desk.

-May I help you, sir? -Girl behind the counter was really lovely.

-I.I..need to be tested.

-Ok. Room 2 please.

He sat down and bent his sleeve. The young nurse smiled widely and joked that he is surely afraid as all guys are. He said that working in the lab he wasn't afraid of needles. The bit flirty conversation was light and pleasant until she got a quick look at Alexx' prescription. She wore gloves and became quiet. Speed realized that being tested on Hiv and sex-transferred diseases doesn't make him attractive to this girl. She took the blood samples in silence and said 'thank you. Squeeze it for a while.' He felt the urge to  explain himself but she smiled mechanically and left.

Leaving hospital he decided to visit someone he could talk to.

-Hi. -He said standing at the doorway. -----   Mom's home?

-Yeah- Sean looked at him suspiciously.

-Are you supposed to open the door to strangers? -Speed asked.

-Who's that???! Sean! Who's that??- He heard Eve's voice.

-It's me, Tim. Can I come in?

-Yeah. Be right back.

Sean kept him the quiet company and Speed regretted he didn't buy anything for him. A chocolate bar would break the ice.

-Why aren't you at school?

-Granma is taking me today.

-Oh...you sick or something?

-No. Just mom needs to work a bit.

The same moment there was another bell. Speed didn't feel obliged to open but at least he wanted to keep guard over the boy so he stood in the hallway.

-Hi gran.

-Hi sunshine- the energetic lady stormed inside and Speed hasn't enough reflex to hide.

.-..And you are??? -She looked at him surprised.

Speed saw her few times when he was young, when him and David picked Eve from her house. He was always behind, but she surely saw him few times.

-I'm Eve's friend Ma'am. My name's Tim.- He said as relaxed as he could. But inside he was tense. That was someone from his past. Past he burried deep down.

-Hello- she said sceptically, watching him carefully. -Eve!!! I'm taking Sean!

-Thanks mom! I'm showering. Will call you later ok?

-Ok.. -She just took the boy's backpack and was ready to leave. Then she abruptly turned around.

-Aren't you the Speedles' boy? David's friend?

- uhm....I... Yeah. I am. I didn't think you remember.

-It was long ago but not to forget. You're older but as skinny as before... Are you and Eve...you know...

-No. We bumped on each other last week.  Just friends.

-So maybe you will explain her it's finally time to move on... It's been so long now.

-Well... I'm afraid I'm not the best person Mrs Cartwright.

-So I see..-. She suddenly came closer and rubbed his cheek- You didn't move on either... Be good to her.

Speed stood speechless and frozen, not able to move. Before he regained his confidence she was gone.

-What happened?- Eve came out of the bathroom ,wrapped in towel. Her beautiful long hair was wet. She looked stunning.

Speed felt sudden weakness in his legs.

-I...I can't stand life anymore, Eve...- He hated himself for the suddenly teary eyes.

She came closer and hugged him. Smell of shampoo was everywhere.

-I'm here. Let's talk.