13.

-Hey....hey....Tim. Tim. Look at me. What"s wrong? She let him go

-Nothing. I had some problems lately. I usually don't get emotional. Sorry for that.

He suddenly realized she's still in the towel. She was a real beauty. Natural and slim. Changed a little since these days. David was a sporty one. He wasn't shy as him as far as girls were concerned. They used to hang out together a lot and he always treated Eve more like a sister than a girl. David's- to be exact. She was this kind of girlfriend who didn't seek the whole attention- David could freely spend time with Tim without being supervised by ever -present girlfriend. They could also spend hours as a pack, but Tim always knew when to lay back. And that worked well.

Now, sitting on her couch , he realised how pretty she is. Thing that he never noticed. She was watching him closely, with a worried look.

-What is SO wrong in your life?

-Everything. It's completely messed up. Nothing seems to be right any more.

Then he started to talk. About the case, and the girl.

-Everything will be fine. Tim- it will. I'm sure of it.- Then she took her hand and she messed his hair as she used to do when they were 17.  He liked that. Not only as a teen, but also now. He laughed abruptly and the same moment he realized he likes it more than he should. Eve in her towel, listening to him , understanding him and finally not condemning him for all he's done became something more than a friend. She must have felt the sudden tention cause she bent her head and kissed him. Not really as a friend. He surrendered to this feeling unconditionally. Just for a short moment.

-Whoa..WHOA Eve... STOP! - She moved back dazzled.

-What"s wrong?- She asked him like if nothing happened.

-What are you doing?

-Kissing you, jerk -she laughed and put her hands into his long- uncut hair

-No...Eve...I do like you a lot but I'm not a good material for the romantic evening.

-First Tim- it's early. Second- I'm not looking for it. I finished with love, Tim-. She got serious.- Sean's father was to be a lover. Shit happens and there came Sean. Wonderful shit. I adore him-unlike his dad. He was a substitute for Dave. I sometimes imagine Sean is his son. Dave's son. But saying this in public would be unfair. To my bright boy.

-Your mother suggests me to tell you to move on but I haven't done it myself yet.

-I see...you're afraid of me?

-No...not in the common sense. Eve, you're wonderful. Beautiful. Incredibly smart. Fucking attractive. Kissing you...I'd love to be kissing you now. Not only kissing to be exact. But I'm afraid of losing you- my only link with him. Only good, hard evidence that he really existed. And that he was so special.

-Tim...did you love him?- She looked at him carefully

-No. Not the way you think. I'm not gay, Eve!. He was the only person who loved me. Treated me like a human being. And shared my passion. I miss him every day.

And by the way- to all of this shit I stepped into, this poor girl was HIV positive. SO you see- far away from me.

-You're too harsh for yourself Tim... I have Sean to love me. Who's gonna love you?

You let nobody in.

-Not a kid- that's for sure... I will never become a father. I'd destroy that child's life.... Eve, can you do something for me?

She nodded

-Go and get dressed. I love you like crazy, I'm aware of what I told you in the last 5 mins, but I'm a man and have really strong feelings and normal urges. Your body makes sitting here uncomfortably difficult.

-Sure- she smiled and disappeared in the bedroom.

Speed took a deep breath and finally  relaxed.