The mysterious boy

Before James can comment or even think of reply Alex stands up and James unintentionally stands back.  James is built like a barrel short and thick but Alex is tall and muscular. Alex gives James an indifferent look, picks up his tray and walks off. He doesn’t even look back to see half that Cafeteria are looking at him. He just dumps his nearly full tray of food in the bin and walks out. “Well done James you just turned Alex of his food.” Tom claps sarcastically but I see that in his eyes he’s worried about Alex. James just shrugs and joins us without invite. “Who needs a druggie like him anyways?” James sneers and turns to Bex about to start a conversation with her but Tom cuts in. “Like you can say anything James.” Tom’s voice is full of venom. A flash of guilt crosses over James face but it quickly turns to fury. “If we unsent to be friends d beat you up right now” With that he got up and left.

“OK what the hell was that about?” Bex gets straight to the point as usual. Tom looks uncomfortable but then sighs in resignation at mine and Bex’s stares. “Well Alex’s uncle died two years ago and he started to get sick. So he missed a lot of school and then well rumours spread fast. His health started to affect his appearance and well…” The bell rings shaking Tom out of his revive. We all stand up and dump the remainder of our food and he points us in the direction of our next class. It’s a study period, we arrive slightly early and take seats at the back. A girl sits next to us, my mind automatically asses her. Left handed, manicured nails, designer bag, face caked in makeup. School gossip and then she started to talk. “So are guys friends with Alex?” I turn to her “Is there something wrong with that?” I ask feigning confusion “We mostly just talked with Tom Alex was very quite the whole time.” The girl seems disappointed with the lack of juicy information. Her voice is full of disappointment. “Oh it’s just because he’s bad news you know?” We both nod our heads in fake understanding. “What about Tom he seemed really nice?” This time the girl smiles in a knowing way. “Oh Toms great I don’t know why he hangs out with Alex. He’s captain of the football team, actually there’s a match on after school if you want to join, and everyone’s going to be there. Yeah its on at the pitch just follow the crowd.” I glance at Bex who shrugs in indifference. Before the girl can say anymore the teacher walks in.         

I take out the homework we’d got so far. The class went horribly and I was done all my homework. It was really easy mainly because wed covered nearly everything in Gallagher Academy. When the bell rang the girl who sat beside us glanced behind her. “By the way I’m Anna” With that she walked away. The rest of the day passed slowly and my mind kept drifting back to Alex. There was something about him that was just off. When school was finished we followed the crowd to a pitch. When Tom spots us he gives a cheery wave and we both wave back. The thing that surprises me is that Alex is also in a football uniform. He doesn’t acknowledge us in anyway instead he scans the crowd. Once he does a full search obviously not spotting the person he’s looking for he relaxes slightly.

The match starts and its obvious that Brookland is good but the other team is better. English football is way different to American football. Alex is the only sib and he just sits on the bench shouting for tom and cheering the team on. When half time comes Brookland is down 2-0. One guy has an ankle injury and Alex gets to play. Whatever grudges the team had against Alex off the pitch they obviously forgot them the minute they stepped on. Alex and Tom played like they could read each others minds. Soon Brookland started to pull ahead and then Tom scored a spectacular goal just before the final whistle. The crowd cheered and the teams shook hands. The team headed back to the dressing rooms. Bex and I waited for Tom and Alex outside the changing rooms. 

Thanks for reading everyone sorry for shor chapter but im really buisy at the moment please leave a comment theymotovate me to write faster ( I know its blackmail but I never said I was a nice person)