How do you know Alex Rider?

The rest of the team come out of he changing room but Tom and Alex have yet to depart. After ten minutes Bex just walks and and I helplessly follow. Before she can yell out anything there's a groan from the corner of the room. Our instincts kick in and we proceed silently and cautiously. "Alex you shouldn't have played tonight you know the damage this match could have done!" Toms voice sounds worried and angry. "I know but I wanted to do something normal for a change and not..." Alex trails off. This time Tom sounds sympathetic. "I know but stuff like this hinders your recovery,it was a stupid risk." 

                                    Bex and I round the corner just as Tom finishes helping Alex into his shirt. Alex looks up and a cold mask slips onto his face. "Your friends are here" With that he slowly gets up, from the bench that lines the wall and walks to his locker, rummaging though it, ignoring us. Bex shoots him a dirty look then turns on a dazzling smile when she turns to Tom. "You were great out there and Cammie and I just want to congratulate you on your performance." Tom smiles modestly and shoulder his sports bag. He looks to Alex who seems to feel his gaze. "Go ahead, I'll only slow you down and I have some stuff to sort out anyway." Tom lingers a moment seeming torn but then heads for the door.

                                 "Will Alex be OK?" I ask "because he didn't seem in great form." Tom just shakes his head. "He'll be grand he just gets sick all the time nothing major, don't worry." Tom rolls his eyes in an attempt to shrug off the concern but his body language begs to differ. We chat to Tom till we reach the gate where he cycles off and we wait for Bex's dad, Mr Baxter to pick us up. While waiting Alex walks passed us, well more shuffles. He seems pale but doesn't acknowledge us at all just walks down the road. "I don't know why Tom is friends with such a jackass." I nod in agreement, we wait for five minutes then and Mr Baxter pulls his  car up. I hop int the back seat and Mr Baxter drives off. 

                                     We catch up to Alex quickly and Mr Baxter pulls over much to Bex’s annoyance. "Would you like a lift home?" Alex looks towards the car and smiles gratefully. "Thanks sir" Upon seeing Alex, Mr. Baxter freezes and turns pale as if he’s seen a ghost, but covers it quickly with smile. Alex hop's into the back beside me." So you must be Bex's dad?" Alex asks surprisingly starting a conversation. Yeah we just moved to town last week, are you in the girl’s class?" Alex gives a charming smile “Most of them. Turn left here." Mr Baxter turns left. Were on a road with nice houses, of course he’s rich with that attitude. “So Cammie, what do you think of England?”

                             The car is plunged into silence. How the hell did he know I’m American? Id perfected my accent for weeks and Bex and everyone else had OK’d how does this guy know after hardly speaking a word to me all day? I force a smile and a laugh. “How did you know? Most people don’t notice anymore.” Mr. Baxter gives an inaudible sigh and the cars inhabitants relax. He shrugs, “I used to live in America and the accent and words are very distinctive. Besides you attitude and tan tell me everything I need to know.” For a second I panic thinking he knows the school I attend but how could he?

                                    “This is my house here, thanks for the lift.” Alex slides gracefully out of the car. He practically glides up his garden path and disappears into his house. Bex pounces on her dad. How do you know him? Who is he? Mr. Baxter holds up his hand for silence and starts to drive home. “He just looks like one of my old school friend that’s all, it was like seeing a ghost. What did you say his name was? It wasn’t Rider was it?” We both nod in agreement. Well how was your first day of school? No one else noticed the accent did they? Rider won’t tell his friends will he?” Bex and I exchange a glance. “Alex doesn’t have any friends dad.” Mr. Baxter looks surprised. “A nice polite boy like that? I’m surprised. Why aren’t you friends with him?” Bex just sighs and shakes her head in exasperation.

                                   The rest of the week isn’t half as interesting as the first day. Soon people no longer find us new and appealing. We sit with Tom and Alex every lunch only talking to Tom Alex generally just sits and studies, occasionally dropping bits of information into the conversation. The weeks pass slowly and the mystery that is Alex Rider is unravelled, well kind of. I found out from Jenna in maths that he’s always absent. Joe told Bex that he does drugs and is in a gang. Tom his best friend defends Alex saying that he’s always sick but Bex and I can spot the lie a mile away. 

Sorry for short chapter and slow update but im usuing my dads computer to type this up and our internets down so i dont know when ill next updat so vote and comment and stuff