Chapter 9

Snow and Charming...err, Mary Margaret and David are sitting in Granny's. The two have been silent the entire time aside from when they ordered.

"What are we going to do?" She asks.

He looks at her, "I don't know..."

"Well... We have to tell her. She has to know..." The pixie-cut woman looks out the window. She gasps slightly as she sees her fully-grown daughter with a blanket in hand.

"I know she does darling, but..." He looks up to his wife and then looks to see what she is so invested in. He sighs as he watches Emma spread the blanket out on the ground and settle down. "Lets go talk to her..." He says as he places money on the table and moves to stand.

"Yeah?" Snow looks up at him, telling him how much she loves him in her stare.

"Yes, of course. But, dear, I don't think we should just walk over there and tell her... I think we need to ease her into it... I mean, you know her; you know how she will react..." Charming says seriously as he took Snow's hand and they start to make their way out of the diner.

As they step out, they both notice Emma's features light up and her stare fixed in a certain direction. They both look in that direction and find Regina walking toward their daughter with a picnic basket in one hand and Henry... their grandson in the other. They watch on with wonder as the scene unfolds before them.

Henry and Regina quickly cross the street, avoiding the one car actually moving through town at the moment, "Emma! Mom made apple turnovers! I love apple turnovers!" Henry says as he lets go of Regina's hand and falls into the blanket with a flourish, showing them just how much he loves apple turnovers.

Emma laughs, "Did she now?" the blonde looks up at the brunette and stares into her deep brown eyes.

"Yes." Regina gives Emma a wink, "Only because someone begged and begged this morning..." Regina says, taking off her heels, obviously blaming one of the other two already on the blanket.

"I only asked after you started making the crust!" Henry defends himself.

"I know Henry," Regina smiles as she gets down on her knees and begins digging into the basket, bringing out their lunch. She turns her head and looks pointedly at the woman behind her with a raised brow and a happy smirk, "I wasn't talking about you..."

Henry laughs a little, "Emma!"

"What?" Emma looks over to him and watches as he starts to help his mother... and begin eating a little himself, "I love apple turnovers too!" She then grins as she grabs Regina's hips and pulls the brunette down into the space between her legs and kisses her cheek, "Only thing I love more than eating them is watching you make them..." She speaks quietly so Henry doesn't have to hear it. She probably could have spoken at normal volume seeing as the kid was already enveloped with his food.

"Oh yeah?" Regina asks as she leans back and looks into her fiancée's face.

"Mmm," Emma nods, "Wish I could have been there, but I have to work on Saturdays because the Mayor of this town is cruel."

Regina laughs, "I'll keep that comment in mind...tonight..." She laughs once more at Emma's pout, "It's only a half day today honey. You're already done..."

"Yes, but it's a half day I could have been with you and the kid..." They both look over to Henry, who is double fisting sandwiches.

They both laugh at him, "Believe me, you didn't miss much... except for me slapping our growing son's hands away from the picnic food all morning..." Regina sits forward and grabs a sandwich for herself and Emma before Henry could get to them. She unwraps one and gives it to Emma before unwrapping her own. She waits for Emma to settle with one arm propped on a bent leg-to make it easier to hold the sandwich she would tell them-before she leans back against the blonde's chest once more.