Getting Into Trouble

**Grace's P.O.V**

"Today is the day when two completely segregated schools, Stanley Nunn High School and St Jerome Community College  start a new life together" my step witch began. As she carried on my eyes slowly began to flutter shut and my head found comfort on Cory's shoulder."We will not require improvement. We will not settle for good. Together, we can be outstanding." Thank god she's finished i thought to myself.
"Thank you, Mrs Carter. Hello, Ackley Bridge. For those of you who don't know me, I am the school sponsor, Sadiq Nawaz. Me and Mrs Carter have worked closely together in the planning of this merger school, and have made an effort to delve deeper into one another's cultures."
"Ooh-la-la!" Shouted an unknown voice from a few rows back. " Over the summer, Mrs Carter...worked...Pakistan. I complely zoned out.

**************************

"Gracie" I heard

"Hmm"

"It's over, everyone else has gone" They said again

"Grace" the male voice shouted

My eyes shot open "I'm awake"

The hall was empty except from Cory and Mr Qureshi standing in front of me.

"Not a great way to start off the year Grace" He said

"Mrs Carter wants to see you in her office at the end of the day" Mr Qureshi told me
" go on you two, get some lunch"

I stood up out of the uncomfortable plastic chair and started to walk towards the canteen with Cory.

"You slept through the whole thing"

"I'm defiantly gonna get it from Mandy later" I groaned

"You know, if you wanna get away from her later" he slid his arm round my shoulder "my dad's out tonight, I could take your mind of her." He smirked
"You wish" and I shrugged his arm off.
We entered the canteen to see Mrs Paracha serving the food.
"We can't eat here bro!" Exclaimed a boy holding some bacon crisps standing by Riz.
"They sell em at the bloody lidl and your mum's always shopping there" Mrs P snapped back

"Do I get free stuff Mrs Paracha?" I asked hopefully

"Do I look like charity, you're no refugee you know" she scolded me.

"I'll meet you back at the hub" Cory told me and he walked off.

I turned back round to Mrs P to see her offer me an apple.
"Thanks Mrs P"
"You be careful with them boys. They're bloody useless, they are" she waved me off.

As I was walking out I spotted Riz walking towards the sixth form hub
"Hey Grace" he engulfed my tiny frame into a hug. "How are you?" He asked me.
"I'm great thanks"
Me and Riz have formed a brotherly sisterly bond over the past year. Sadiq brought Him and Alya over when he had meetings with Mandy about the preparation of the school. We hung out a lot over the summer but unfortunately Alya wasn't keen in getting to know me.

"You know your dad's pissed, you missed footy practice this morning"

"I totally forgot" I panicked. I  so desperate to make it onto the sports team's this year. I wasn't aloud to play that much last year because of my lacking attendance.

"Make sure you show up tomorrow after school or you defiantly won't be making the team this year" he told me.

We walked into the hub and I instantly spotted Cory. I walked over to the seat next to him but I was pulled onto his lap.
"You alright babe" he asked snatching my apple and taking a bite.
"Not anymore, that was my lunch!" He knows how to get on my nerves that boy.

Nas turned around holding out her apple to me.
"Thanks Nasreen, your a proper mate" I told her earning glares from Alya

After a few minutes of Cory messing with my hair, a familiar blond walked through the door.

"Seriously, what's so good about in here? You've got a coffee machine, which is impressive and everything, but it's still school." She joked, trying to make an entrance as always.

"I'm your age, don't worry. You've just all got to be dead to me cos you passed exams and that."

It weren't her fault. She's in our year, really, she's just got to retake."

" Thank you, Nasreen. Dead sweet." Missy said giving Nas a peck on the cheek.

" Missy Booth." Exclaimed the boy I was sitting on. He started to play with her fingers, I could feel my body tensing up and I'm sure he could feel me too.
  "Good to see you in uniform for another year."
I rolled my eyes at his attempt to get with my best mate.
"Got a thing for it, have you? You'd be so lucky" Cory was smirking to himself. This earnt him a sharp jab in the ribs by my elboe.
"Oi! What was that for!?" He cursed.
Missy turned around to face Alya's group of stuck up's.
"Teachers will be well pleased to see me talking to you all." Missy told them.
"Ain't that the point of this school? To make us all friends?"
The girls gave her  disgusted looks
"You're real nice, you. Loving your friends, Nas. Not prejudiced or nothing."

" Please stop Missy" I asked her
"Just a bitch then?" Missy stood up.
" What! Ta for the support" the blonde shouted as she stormed out.

" She's all right, you know. You've just got to give her a chance." Nas tried to explain to the girls.
" Nas, drop the kanjari." Said Alya
"That's really rude." I raised my voice
" Calm down"Cory whispered  in my ear.

"If you wanna play with your gori mate, we're not stopping you."Alya said to Nas
I had picked up some words as I hung round the Paracha's house and I was fuming.
"Go on, say it again!" I shouted, Cory's grip wasn't strong enough to stop me from standing up.

I got closer to Alya

"Don't" Nas warned

"I told ya, say it again!"

"Why don't you go and find your friend, you can be gori's together" Alya mocked

My hand came into contact with her face. Then her hand gripped my hair and before I knew it we we're on top of each other. The room was filled with chanting sixth formers until A strong pair of arms ripped me from the girls body and I was dragged out of the scrap. I turned to see that I was being held back by the Wilson boy and Riz was also restraining Alya.

"What is going on here!?" An all to familiar voice shouted.

-------------------------------------------

Please vote and comment

Francesca xx