More Than Friends

I could feel a strong pair of arms round my bare waist, my eyes slowly fluttered open, the sun shone through the cracks in the floor length curtains.
The soft breaths that fell from his mouth put a smile on my face. The boy began to stir awake.
"Morning beautiful" the brunette whispered in his husky morning voice.

I replied to his words with a soft kiss.

He slowly kissed back, pulling me closer towards him as my hands tangled themselves in his hair.

"Grace!" Shouted my dad from downstairs.

Cory jumped out of bed and hurriedly began to pick up his clothes from the previous night.

I heard the footsteps coming up the stairs, they were quickly coming closer to the door. I was frantically picking up all my clothes when there was a knocking at the door.

"G, you up yet" dad asked,

"Yeah" I shouted rapidly, "I'll be down in a minute!".

" we're leaving for school in ten" he replied, his footsteps could be heard moving back downstairs.

I let out a sigh of relief. I quickly pulled on my purple and grey uniform, as did Cory.

I walked up to my mirror to inspect my hair when I noticed a bruise on my neck.

"NO NO NO!" I picked up my makeup bag and tried to conceal the purple mark on my neck. The clear indication to my dad and his wife that an extra person stayed over last night.

Cory just observed from my bed with a smirk plastering his smug face.
" at least everyone knows your mine "

I scoffed and plastered makeup on my neck. Unfortunately the layers of concealer wouldn't conceal this bruise.
I huffed in frustration, I walked to my wardrobe and pulled out my scarf.

"Grace, we're going! " Mandy shouted from downstairs.

I turned to Cory " wait until the car has pulled of the drive before you leave"

"Don't worry, they won't see me" he joked.
I walked across the room and snuggled into his chest. He pressed his lips to my head.
"I'll see you at school" he said.
I pulled away from his familiar scent,
" the spare key is under the plant pot, make sure you lock the door on your way out."
Picking up my bag i left the room making sure to close the door behind me.
I ran down stairs, slipped on my shoes and grabbed a slice of toast.
"Hurry up!" Dad shouted from the car, "let's go"

***************************

I got out of the car and walked into school. I reached my locker to find Missy and Nas.
"What's that on yer neck?"
My hand reached to cover the bruise. I began to blush
"C'mon" Nas said excitedley, "who was it?"
Just as I was about to say, a strong arm rapped around my shoulder, I looked up to see Cory.
"That's who" I muttered in embarrassment
Missy squealed with excitement.
The bell signaled first class,
Nas was in a different lesson to me and Cory.
I began walking to my lesson when Cory's arm snaked round my waist and pulled me closer into his body. We made our way to the changing rooms.
"Meet you out there" I said walking into the girls.
I quickly changed into my new stripy rugby jersey and some leggings. I tied on my boots and made my way onto the field. I was greeted by Riz.
"What's that on yer neck" he asked laughing.
I couldn't speak, I'm pretty sure I look like a tomato.
Cory jogged up to us and rested his arm in my shoulder for the second time today.
"You alright mate" The brunette boy acknowledged the Nawaz boy.
"Aww, I'm glad my two favorite boys are best mates" I gushed.
"You might want to hide your neck, your dad's coming over" Riz warned.
I pulled my hair out of it's pony tail to cover the bruise slightly.
"Right, choose teams captains" Mr Bell called.

I ended up on Cory's team which didn't surprise me.

The practice finished with a tie.
"Great game lads" Dad said , "go and get a shower" the crowd if boys began to walk back to the changing rooms.
"Grace" my dad called, " can I have a word in my office " I followed my dad back inyo the p.e department but unfortunately, the p.e. office was in the boys changing rooms. The smell of deodorant and sweat filled my senses, I spotted Cory and who had a towel wrapped around his bottom half, his smirk was bigger than ever, " like what you see"
I began to laugh back at the boy but my Dad sent a look of disgust towards the Wilson boy. My dad pushed me forwards and quickly into his office.
"What is that!" He pointed to the hicky on my neck, his face was full if disgust and anger. I'm guessing the hair didn't work.

"When did you get it?!"

" Who gave it to you?!"

I stayed silent. My eyes fell to the floor to avoid the daggers dad was sending me.
"I'll ask again, who was it!?"

"No one" I mumbled

"Who!"he shouted again

"Ugh" I shouted back, I stormed out of the office slamming the door behind me.
"Come back here!"
I kept walking, ignoring all the looks I received from the teenage boys.

When I reached the girls changing rooms, I had a quick shower and threw on my school uniform. I grabbed my bag and made my way to my next lesson.

***************************

It was now lunch and I was still angry at my Dad.
I was sitting on Cory's lap as he played with my hair.
"I'm guessing he noticed"
"No shit Sherlock" I snapped.
"C'mon, let's go" he pulled me off him and stood up.
"Where?" I asked
He didn't answer but instead took my hand and pulled me out the common room. We walked out if the back entrance and we climbed over the fence. Before anyone noticed we ran down the road. After our sprint we burst into a fit of laughter.

We walked to the Wilson's house after stopping at the chippy. We walked into the house and I picked a movie from the bookshelf whilst Cory went to get a drink. He came back in with a bottle of cider.

We spent the rest of the day cuddled together on the sofa watching films, drinking alcohol and making out.
By 6 I had consumed a lot of cider and I was beginning to feel the effects of it. He lent in for another kiss, as did i but then my stomach felt a bit weird.
"I think I'm gonna..." Pulling back I quickly jumped out of Cory's strong arms and sprinted to the bathroom.

The contents of my stomach emptied themselves into the toilet. I could feel my hair being held back. When i was finished I sunk down onto the floor, Cory followed suit and sat by me and stroked my hair as my head rested on his lap. The slam of the front door was heard and footsteps followed up the stairs. Jordan appeared in the doorway to the bathroom.
"You didn't waste the cider on her did yer?" The younger Wilson asked, " you know she can't handle a drink" he laughed. I glared at him as he walked out the room still laughing.
"You better get cleaned up" The teenager said, "C'mon" he said pulling me off the floor.
"I'll get you some clean clothes" he walked into his room and pulled out a plain black T-shirt and a pair if jogging bottoms.
"Do you need any help" he smirked handing me the clothes.
" In your dreams Wilson" I slammed the door in his face.

***************************

After a quick shower, I pulled on the clean clothes and picked up a hairbrush. As I looked in the mirror, I noticed another purple mark forming on my neck, groaning in frustration I made my way downstairs.
I put my old clothes in my school bag and slipped on my shoes. I walked back into the living room,
"I'll see you tomorrow G" Cory said kissing me goodbye.
"Bye Jord" I shouted up the stairs.
"Yeah, sure" he shouted back making me laugh.

Time to face my parents.

***************************

Thanks for reading.

Francesca xx