Caught Red Handed

I thanked the driver and hopped off the bus. Ugh I feel like crap!
I really shouldn't drink.

I fumbled around in my school bag to pull out my keys. Unlocking the door as quietly as I could, I slowly entered the house. I turned to creep up the stairs when I dropped the keys.
"Shit" I cursed.
I don't think they heard so i proceeded to move up the stairs. I nearly made it to the top of the staircase.
"And where do you think yer going?" Dad questioned.
Ugh I groaned mentally. I slowly turned around to look down on my dad and his wife.
"To my room" I replied in a sarcastic manner.
"I don't think so" he replied "kitchen, Now!"

I trudged back down the stairs and took a seat at the bar facing the two adults.

"Where were yer" dad asked

"Nowhere" I snapped

"Who were yer with? "

"No one"

"Whose clothes are they?"

"Mine" I lied

"Well I've never seen them" Mandy intervened, "and they look a bit too big for you" she continued.

"Shut up Mandy! No one asked yer."

"That is no way to speak to yer step mum!" Dad raised his voice. "Apologize"

"Hell no" I said. I begin to regret my choice of words as my father's head looks like it is about to explode with fury.

"Phone now!" My dad put his hand out in front of me.
"No way" I shouted. "That's not fair!"

"Okay then, phone confiscated and grounded for a week" he continued with punishments.

I slammed my phone on the table and stood up. I was making my way out if the room when I was stopped.
" I swear to god Grace "
What have I done now?
"Is that another hickey?!" He seethed.
I thought now probably isn't the right time to reply or try and argue.

"I can't believe this, twice in one day!" He laughed "my, you do get around. I put my bet on Cory Wilson" he kept laughing.
The baffled look on my face gave him satisfaction that he knew he had won this one.
"Yer didn't think that I would notice that you both didn't turn up for class after lunch" he said with the anger returning to his face once more. "make that two weeks and I don't want yer near that boy, go to your room!" He yelled.

I did as I was told as I don't want to make this worse for myself.

I made it to my room, slammed and locked the door behind me. I crashed onto my bed and let my eyes slowly close.

***************************

The light streaming through the unclosed curtains woke me from my sleep. I groaned as I stood up and walked over to my vanity. I was still wearing Cory's sweats from the previous day. I walked into my bathroom and stripped of the boy's clothes and stepped into the steaming shower.
I can't think of anything to do today. No phone to text people and I really can't be arsed for school.

I turned off the shower and wrapped a big fluffy white towel around me. I walked back into my room and through on my leggings and hoodie. I unlocked my door and made my way down stairs.

There was a note stuck to the kitchen counter.

'Gone to work , you will have to get the bus.
Dad x'