Finally Forgiven

The weekend had dragged on for so long. All I had to keep me occupied through my exile to my bedroom was several takeaways and films. Yes, I know that may sound like heaven to some people but when you already ditched school for the week and you can't talk to your mates, you start to get really bored really quickly.

It were finally Monday morning and I can't stay in this room for another moment longer. I had a quick shower and pulled on my school uniform, then applied my usual makeup.

I grabbed my phone off charge and slung my bag over my shoulder. I'm not sure whether dad has noticed that I took my phone back, to be honest; he's probably spent his time trying to avoid me this weekend. He knows that if I use the "daddy I'm really sorry" card and pull my best cute face, there is no way that he will keep me grounded. It happened last time and I think he is trying to prove that he won't cave when I act all sweet and innocent. Even Mandy knows he can't do it, we are just playing a waiting game now. I'm sure I will be out drinking cider with Missy and Nasreen by tonight.

I'm really not in the mood for school but its our first ever rugby match today. I can't wait!

(I know in real life Grace wouldn't be allowed to play rugby with the boys but plz just go with it for the purposes of the story)

I ran down the stairs and into the kitchen to see Mandy at the island.
"I made you some toast" she smiled at me.
I nodded thankfully at my step mum taking a big bite of the delicious buttery bread.
"I also got you some energy bars so you won't be tired for the match" she added.
"Thanks Mand, I'm really excited for the game, I hope we win but we haven't been playing for that long so it might not be great" I responded
" I'm sure you'll be fine Grace, your dad thinks the team can do it"

Mandy was soon interrupted by an irritated voice from the hallway, "maybe we would do better if someone turned up for practise last week" My Dad huffed.

I decided to ignore his snide comment and put on my shoes. Mandy broke the awkward silence by suggesting that we should go to school.

***************************

The journey to school was still filled with an uneasy atmosphere. We pulled up to school and I removed myself from the vehicle as quickly as I could. I rushed into the building so I could get as far away from him as I possible.

I was collecting my books for my first lesson from my locker when Nas came over. The Paracha girl's arms engulfed me in a hug.
"I've missed you so much" she exclaimed.
" me too " I hugged back, "where's Missy?" I questioned

"I don't know, she probably just overslept again"

" your right, let's get to class before we get a late detention" I said. We linked arms and wandered to our first lesson.

***************************

It was third lesson and I was sitting next to Nas. Mr Hyatt was giving us a lecture on the heart which I wasn't really paying attention to. I kept glancing across the room to meet eyes with the brunette boy. He's giving me those eyes that give me butterflies in my stomach. I turned back round to the board to try and do some work but my phone vibrated. I concealed my phone under the table.

Cory😘 : meet me round the back of the changing rooms at lunch ;)

I looked up to see Cory giving me his infamous smirk. I looked back at my phone to type my response. Nas gave me a sharp elbow to the ribs. "What was that for?" I exclaimed looking up at her. Behind my best friend was my Biology teacher.

"I to not tolerate the use of phones in my lab Miss Bell"

Everyone else was giggling at the scene. I gave a frustrated huff and handed over my phone.