Fights and Films

I turned my head to see my dad and Miss Keane at the entrance to the hub. Miss Keane had a look of sympathy whilst Mr Bell was full of anger.

"Grace isolation now!" My father shouted at me. I grabbed my bag and slung it over my shoulder.
Miss Keane ushered me and Cory out of the room. Cory's grip on my waist began to loosen as I wasn't likely to run back and hit Alya again.

"You are in for it now G" the tall boy said

"He's right, ya know" replied Miss Keane. "You can't just start fights, especially not in your step mum's school"

We had reached the door to the the isolation room.
"Go on Cory, get back to lessons" the teacher told him.
The boy nodded and gave me a quick peck on the cheek before walking down the corridor.
As it was the first day I was the only person in isolation.

***************************

As there were no teachers on isolation duty today, I sat on my phone scrolling through my insta. It had been a couple of hours since Miss Keane had left me in here.

The door swung open to see a furious P.E teacher.
"What the hell were you thinking" he shouted. I tensed up due to the anger I could see in his eyes.
"Fighting the sponsors kid on the first day back!" His shouts began to lower.
"Why are you doing this to yourself Gracie, Mandy could expel you for this."

"It weren't on purpose" I told him

"Your just lucky that your step mum is more forgiving than that"

I sat back in shame whilst dad was pacing the room.

"When we get home, your gonna apologise to Mandy"

"Your just taking her side!" I screamed at him
"You didn't even listen to what happened"

He raised his voice again " I saw you on top of Alya Nawaz, hitting her!" He shouted "ya know what, if you ain't gonna apologize, don't bother coming back for dinner"

"Fine!" I screamed. I grabbed my bag and ran out of the room. I ran past reception and heard my name being shouted by my dad's little wife. I kept running until I was off school grounds.
I pulled out my phone

Me: Is your offer for tonight still standing? Xx

I put my phone back in my bag and kept walking. I saw the sofa in the skip and decided to wait there for a bit.

*ding*

CORY😘: I knew you wouldn't be able to resist X

I giggled at his response

Me: When should I come? xx

CORY😘: Around 6 X

I looked at the clock on my phone. I still have an hour. I began to walk over to Missy's house. I unlocked the door using the spair key they always left under the plant pot.

"Hi Nanna" I waved at the elderly women on the sofa.
The Booth's grandma has always looked after me the way she would towards her own granddaughters.

"You're just in time for chips" Hayley says while she hugged me. The younger Booth sister was like a younger sister to me, I have always felt very protective over her.

Missy came through the door holding a large paper bag full of my favourite food.

I walked over to the kitchen cupboard to get the ketchup and salt.

***************************

It was now 5:55, I thanked Miss for the food and made my way to the Wilson's house.
It took me about ten minutes to reach my destination. I walked round the back of the house and slipped through the broken panel in the garden fence. I walked through the unlocked back door.

"Hello" I shouted

"In here" I heard from the sitting room

I walked through the house into the lounge where a selection of films were set out on the coffee table with a bowl of popcorn.

Cory was spread out on the sofa.

"Do you want a change of clothes" he asked me

"Yeah, that would be great thanks.

Cory came down the stairs holding a T-shirt. I took the top out if his hands and went to the bathroom to change
When I was finished I folded my uniform and put my clothes on the end of the boy's bed.

I grabbed the blanket off his bed and walked down stairs. I took a seat next to Cory in the sofa and I wrapped the both of us in his quilt as the film started.

By the third film I could feel myself dropping off to sleep. Cory must have noticed.   "Come on, it's more comfortable on my bed "

"Fine but just sleeping, nothing else"

He picked up the blanket and he followed me to up to his bedroom.

-------------------------------------------