Chapter Six: Finding Her

Song: Of These Chains by Red

*

*

The stage erupts in screams as the young vampire girl with pale skin and brown hair tied into two braids is abruptly shoved into the center of the auction ring. Her feet, which are full of wounds, are dragged painfully across the wooden floor.

Her knees shake and collapse from under her.

And I'm not surprised when they do just that.

She winces when her boney, bruised knees hits the floor. Her wrists are bound together tightly as she silently cries to herself.

"Sixty-five, sixty-five, sixty-five and a half, come on now! This 'ere slave is worth more than that!" The auctioneer shouts, trying to rile up the crowd in an attempt to jack the prices up higher for the young girl.

The crowd, mainly consisting of older werewolves, don't seem too thrilled about the slave presented before them.

"Hey, I got an idea, folks. Donny, strip the girl for me so these kind folk can really see what they are buying." The auctioneer says, tipping his cowboy hat at one of his workers standing beside the corral where the girl sits trembling inside.

My eyes widen in horror as I watch as two men enter the corral she's tied in and man handle her. Her screaming falls on deaf ears as they strip her from her dignity. Her clothes are torn in half right off of her body.

Then the men leave her as she's left alone, shivering and crying. She does her best to cover her naked, bruised body up but she fails miserably when the collar around her neck surges with electricity in warning to stop covering herself up.

Her body is deathly pale and her skin is broken beyond repair. Her wounds are gaping and look infected. Her head hangs limply against her chest in shame. I see her tears drip onto the frozen ground below.

The auctioneer's voice booming over the microphone blends into an unintelligible murmur as the girl is auctioned off. Prices raise for the girl and I notice as her eyes roll into the back of her head.

She has passed out.

From humiliation or from her injuries, I don't know.

But I watch with horror as her body is drug away to her holding cell where she will be later picked up by her new owner once the auction is over.

I sigh into my hands from the abuse I've just witnessed. I don't know how but one day, I will put an end to this suffering.

And that is a promise.

A promise I won't soon forget.

So the auction continues. My eyes frantically move back and forth, searching for the woman that's been destined to me for reasons unknown.

But she is not here.

Maybe she is in the next auction later tonight.

So I attend the next auction, only to sit through two hours with no luck. My search expanded to every auction there was in the small city in Russia. When she was still not to be found, I started searching the entire country of Russia.

I grow exhausted from my search and hopeless. Dark bags have made their home under my eyes and I feel like I'm not even alive. I let my family know of my whereabouts and how I've had no luck.

They wish me luck and I carry on with my search. Where could she be? What if she's dead? No, she's not dead....I would feel her bond within my soul break. We have already been woven together, now that I've seen and smelled her.