Chapter Twenty One: The Wolf is a Prisoner

Song: Man or Monster by Sam Tinnesz

*A/N:  My new story will be published on December 21st! It's going to be another werewolf story ;) Get ready.....

*

The hunt was on for the large, wild wolf that roamed the winds of the Northern Mountains. By day the animal seeks refuge in the surrounding forests, but by night, the animal haunts the small town nestled in the mountains.

Winter fell, and as winter fell, the snowflakes followed. Temperatures dropped and the animals of the forests grew thick coats to keep them warm and protect them from the cold. The beautiful beast was no different, shaking out his thick black fur and prowling around the earth ready to kill and destroy.

His attackers hunted him, but he eluded them.

Doors were locked in the night and both humans and supernatural creatures alike were on his trail, trying to track and capture the beast.

His heavy paws left massive footprints in the snow and his thick fur caught on bushes. His hair was collected and sent to the labs in an attempt to identify the animal - if a werewolf - genetically.

But as long as the beast was free, danger lurked at every corner.

Under the cover of darkness, the wolf attacks and kills his victims. Torn limbs are left behind as the result of his uncontrollable rage, and scientists are attempting to figure out what exactly has driven this wolf mad.

What they don't know is that this wolf isn't just an animal, but part human, too.

Or, was, any way, until he was driven into the wild to live in solidarity and forced from his mate and family.

Now he roams the nights freely, in search of someone to destroy in an attempt to sate his tremendous, uncontrollable rage.

And he knows just the place to target next.

A group of campers sat around the campfire, laughing and talking as they roasted marshmallows. The scent of campfire stained the wolf's fur as he crept upon the trio of joyful young humans.

Foolish they were to ignore the warnings of others, for they just thought it was all some sort of a game or joke. Surely, a beast bigger than a miniature donkey is all just a fabrication, a mere story.

But oh, were they wrong.

And they were just about to find out the consequences of their actions.

It was time.

The wolf emerged from the bushes and revealed himself.

When the three humans finally noticed the presence of the beast, they stood up and cautiously backed away. They eyed the animal, maintaining eye contact. One of the young males even picked up a stick and started waving it around in the air and hollering at the creature like a madman in an attempt to scare the beast.

Their faces were priceless.

Fear. Realization.

It was almost as if their lives were flashing before their eyes.

The wolf crept closer to them, head bowed, teeth barred. His snout was wrinkled up as he revealed his long, sharp, black teeth. The group was stunned to see that the entire animal - mouth, teeth, tongue and all was as black as the darkness that grew around the stars.

The situation was under control.

The humans were having a face off with an animal, none of them daring to move.

Until they made a mistake.

They decided to run.

The wolf gave chase, happily giving in to his predatory instincts. After all, predators craved to hunt. They loved the thrill of the chase, and when their prey runs, they fulfill their killer instincts.