Epilogue

Song: 100 More Years by Francesca Battistelli

*

*

Anya's POV:

Miraculously, we were able to conceive children through special treatment that properly combined our DNA together. Though, it was a bit uncomfortable of a procedure for the both of us, having them have to collect my eggs and Donovan's sperm through an unnatural process.

But it was worth it.

Because now, thanks to the doctors involved, we have twin boys and a girl. The boys are rambunctious three year old vampires, and their older sister, who is four years old, is a good big sister to them.

She's her daddy's little werewolf, and though he loves all his children equally, Azra and her father have a special bond. Azra looks more like me, with her auburn hair and facial features. She has inherited stunning golden eyes, which is a common trait among werewolves.

The boys are named Ashe and Blade. Ashe looks like a miniature Donovan, and it still stuns me how much they look like each other. Blade, on the other hand, looks like he's received a combination of both mine and Donovan's looks.

He has coppery colored hair with dark brown, almost black strands of hair mixed in. It's a unique color, because it seems like he's received a shade of my hair color as well as a shade of Donovan's.

Both boys have icy blue eyes that reminds me of the frozen icy place in Russia I used to call home.

The children are free to roam the pack lands, but are advised to stay away from the borders, lest there be dangerous creatures looking to snatch away the innocent. As supernatural children, they tend to grow and mature faster, especially vampires, so by age three, the boys were already running about easily, and are taller than average.

The pack spoils the boys, doting on them and giving them treats. The boys have become accustomed to this fact, and often return home with fresh cookies, little toy trucks, and candy of various sorts.

 Their little teeth have grown in, and though they are small, they are razor sharp. I'm in charge teaching them how to properly handle the weapons in their mouth, and I quickly teach them that their teeth are for eating, not biting each other, as the boys have done when they argue with one another.

Azra chooses to play quietly by herself usually, though she has made some friends with the pack pups that are close to her in age. The little girls like to explore the nearby forests where they pretended to be real, wild wolves.

Donovan's parents are especially fond of our children, and they offer to babysit frequently when Donovan and I want some alone time for ourselves.

I would have never imagined having this type of a life. And though there are some remnants of discrimination amongst the two species, everything has seemed to run smoothly. Donovan leaves for months at a time to continue his duty as a reaper.

Speaking of Death....as far as we know, none of our kids have inherited the gene. But, just because none of them has shown the signs of being a reaper yet, doesn't mean the signs won't show up until later.

They simply could be a late bloomer.

Azra has shown signs of being an Alpha, and for a werewolf, it is uncommon for females to be Alphas. Though some people shun the idea, I think it's realistic. In the wild, females wolves dominate the packs with their Alpha male. Both work together to provide, and I see no problem in having a female Alpha.

Donovan is proud of her, and is training her key elements to hone in her Alpha skills. Already, Azra is strong and I can tell she's going to be a great Alpha when the time comes.