Chapter Twenty Eight: The Outcome

Song: Here I am by Tommee Profitt ft. Brooke

*

*

The first thing I noticed upon walking into the room was that it was completely shrouded in silence. All of the council member's faces were clothed in looks of shock and awe as I approached them with the others.

Their expressions quickly twisted into that of anger.

"Y-you're alive." One of them whispered.

"What you are seeing is correct. I am indeed very much alive, and we have a proposition for you." I say, smirking.

I see some of the men's jaw tense as well as their fists. I know they have a pretty good idea about what I'm here to talk about.

"Obviously, there's a problem here. A very big problem that people like you have been ignoring. I came here today to....make a deal with you. Now, I'm sure you already know what I'm here for, so let me just make this simple." I say.

I make eye contact with every single one of the men in the room. My heart pounds in my ears, signalling just how nervous I actually was.

"Do away with your outdated law forbidding the mate bond between vampires and werewolves-"

One of the men, who has a long black beard, slammed his fist down onto the desk. "How dare you march in here with these.....rogues and demand a request such as this? This is outrageous, and I will not allow it. I refuse." He spat bitterly, looking at me with raging yellow eyes.

"Well, I suppose that's too bad for you then. I mean, I could always start a bloody war that would cost thousands of your people's life."

"I'd like to see you try. You and your little scrabble of rogues do not stand a chance." He scoffed.

"I'm afraid you've underestimated us. The group of rebels are not some small group you think they are, but a whole growing society. I would be careful where you tread at this point, council, because I have my people lined up next to me, prepared for war if necessary, and you wouldn't want that, would you?" I narrow my eyes at him.

"This is preposterous, if war it is you want, then war it is you will get!" He screeched, the other people in the room visibly cringing at the sound.

"Hold it right there, council member Harris," Spoke up one of the members, holding his hand up, "Think about it, we don't want to spend millions on some war."

"You mean to tell me that you're taking the side of the rogues? You can't just-"

"No. I don't particularly agree with their beliefs, but I'm using facts over feelings. It seems like most of society today have been catering more towards feelings, rather than looking at facts, and I'm not about to make that kind of mistake." The member stated calmly as he folded his hands together, looking at the other members around him.

Then, he looked at me, his eyes seem to be piercing my soul.

"I am not willing to go to war on this issue. Facts are, that it would cost millions of dollars and thousands of lives, and more division between the two species. Quite frankly, I just don't think it is necessary. I do, however, would like to see the proof of your claims. That there really are more than just you an your small group of rebels with differing opinions. I'm not about to let the minority win over the majority." He says.

"Then let the people speak. You are, indeed the council members, and you yourself is in charge of the people you rule over. Hear their voices, manage their votes. You will be surprised at the number of those willing to put decades of division and hatred aside and start over again with peace." I reply back confidently.