Chapter 1.25: "It's my habit."

"Just leave it there, I'll carry that." he said.

"No." Being a strong independent I am, I'll carry this one. I don't need no man to carry things for me when I've got both of my hands free.

He immediately brought the basket full of left overs on grandma's truck and jogged coming back to snatch the basket that I'm carrying. Where did he get the audacity to do that? "Didn't I tell you, no? That means I can handle."

He glanced back at me, "Okay... if you say so." and he stepped back still carrying the basket. I walked back to the table to see what's still left. "There's a box right there. I put all the water bottles inside." He said and I nodded. I pulled the box to my chest and my eyes rolled automatically, these are not empty bottles.

"Need help?" he asked but I totally doubt it's out of concern. He's just provoking my ego.

"No." My hand didn't left the box. I pulled it to my chest once again and I hate to admit that this is too heavy for me. I sighed deeply before looking at him, "How many bottles?" he raised his eyebrows before answering, "Two sets." that's 32 bottles with water in total. Great.

My eyes returns to the box, I prep my hands to grip tightly and hug the box. I breath out as I count to three... I can do this.

1...2...3-

Then I felt his hand pull the box strongly. My mouth agape with incredulity on what happened and my eyes fell to him. All he returned to me is a smile. I watched him walk with ease as if the box is too light for him, I was about to protest but then he looked back and said, "I haven't been to the gym for long. I need some exercise, I hope you don't mind." My eyebrows furrowed. What was he thinking? Acting cool? for all I know he's just pretending trying to impress all the people here. If everyone is getting fooled well I won't.

The farmers are busy arranging the basket and boxes on the pick up truck's bunker. I can feel some eyes following me as I walk to where they are but my eyes is fixed on the ground.

"Okay, all set." Greg announced.

"Sooyoung-ah, can I ask you some favor?" my head raised to look for grandma and when I found her from the small crowed, "We don't have enough groceries for tomorrow's lunch, mind going to the supermarket?" She said.

"Sure." I walk to the truck but she stopped me, "I ask you this favor because we're going to drive some farmers home."

"No problem." I said and was about to grab the handle of the truck's door, "We need to maximize time. The way to their home is different from the supermarket's location. The night is getting dark and it will take so much time going back and forth."

"So, should I walk to the market then?" I asked in disbelief. Their gaze pass through me to my back. Now I know what she's trying to happen.

"I can give you a ride." I heard his voice from my back loud and clear.

"Really? That would be a great help." Grandma said then rode the truck as fast as she could. Grandpa assisted her until she sits comfortably inside. We just talked about this a while ago and she's literally already pushing me to him. Why do I feel like she's handing me to this man when she said she wants to keep me close to her hours ago? I'm still not ready to be given away. It's just ironic for me.

"Noona no!-" and I saw Seonho cover Fat's mouth and dragged him to ride at the back. "See you at home!" I crossed my arms as I watch all of them wave their hands to me. I gave them a forced smile as a return and stood there until the truck hit the road and get smaller. Some farmers lives just near so they already walked to their homes with their flashlights ready to guide them home.