Chapter 5: "together?!"

What is a friend? I don't know because I don't have one. My family are whom I treat as my 'friends' but they are my family so, are they still counted?

"What is a friend?" I asked out of nowhere.

"What?" Taeyong asked back. We are at the SC office finalizing the plans to propose to our school heads.

"You have friends, don't you?" I asked leaning towards his direction, putting my pen down, preparing to listen on what he has to say. "So, how was it?"

"When I told you not to call me oppa, I already hinted you to be my friend."

"You know it's because I'm the President and you're the Vice-President. You're older than me but I'm you're senior so, you decided to totally drop every formalities than put ourselves in a more awkward situation. PLUS, you did that because you have to and not because you want to." I looked into his eyes and he cannot deny it. "You know? Never mind. Google may have better answers that will make more sense to me."

I returned my attention to my table and started to organize my things. What he's saying is out of context and unbelievable in every way I tried to think off.

I closed my laptop and put it in my shoulder bag preparing to leave.

"Where you heading to?" He asked.

"Class." I answered briefly finishing arranging my things. I stood up and spents one last look on my table to check things that I might forgot while I'm speaking to Taeyong saying, "Finalize the powerpoint. We'll be presenting that tomorrow to the school heads and make sure to send it to me today so I can recheck and review." I found nothing to bring more so I step aside and pushed my swivel chair to the table.

"Aye Princess." He said saluting to me as I go out completely to our office without looking back.

The day is nicely hot. The temperature exceeds 30 degrees but it's still bearable for me. I like these times of the year, it feels fresh and among the reasons I have why I love summer is that light dresses are totally my style and it's only for this season I can wear them without worries.

Everything is going normal and smoothly for three days straight from when I felt the most peaceful as I turned my phone off because Jungkook keeps calling and texting me over the weekend to the time when I expected a workload arriving at the SC office till I figured out that we're done dealing with mountains of papers already and now we're almost done with the presentation. A breath of relief from all the chaos and disasters I've been last week that almost ruined my sane mind. I can say, I deserve this.

But until when will this be?

I intentionally went to class an hour earlier so I can answer emails from my manager. He's not fine with the sudden arrangement but he can't contact me anywhere else than email without my phone. I just made him agree to me when I told him that I need a break from stress and overthinking and for that to happen, I need to get rid of my phone.

The door of the classroom creaks open hearing heels bumping to the wooden pavements of the floor coming in. I also heard a noise from the same person chewing a gum which in a case is I already know who by the sound.

A familiar shadow of a woman I don't want to see keeps appearing in front of me. No matter how much I avoid her, by the end of the day we'll always meet. Dealing with the devil isn't really my priority but I want to find time to end this. Just not today.

"Knock knock knock." She shouted when she reached the center of the room. You do knock at the door and not with your mouth.

Ignore. Answer e-mails. Don't be tempted by the devil. Park Sooyoung let's focus.