Suicidal Hero of Sorts

(Music:  Suicide Sheep, Weird Machine)

     After making my grand exit I went straight to the one place I could think.  Outside the school grounds and away from the constant racket of teenagers.  I was going to solve it, was easier said than done.  Of course, I had no intentions of getting help, no matter how absurd--it was my problem.  However, that did not magically mean that a wonderfully elaborated plan would spark inside the dull confines of my mind.

     On the contrary, the only thing that vaguely resembled a plan in my mind was heading straight over to Doubt and demanding the truth.  Seeing how I'd made my stance earlier, that would make me look like a total dot head, to not just Doubt but Oya High as well.

     Sadly, I did not seem to have a wide variety of options.  That being one of the best of them.  In a way I could end up like a suicidal hero of sorts, the normal cliché.  Disappears in the night to protect their friends from the evil enemy, causing the supposed endless war to follow them into the abyss.

     Only problem being the fact that Oya High were not my friends, I certainly was not protecting them, and I was not planning on dying.  So something more subtle then, I deemed.

     Standing outside the all too familiar house I put into action the only other idea I had

     Standing outside the all too familiar house I put into action the only other idea I had.  Which was also wild and extremely irrational making no sense whatsoever.  Rapping my fist against the old door I waited for the inevitable whilst taking in my surroundings.

     It was getting dark, the clouds smeared with wide variations of colour.  Some would say it was beautiful, but I, for one, was never very much into those things.  However, I was grateful for the warm spring weather; my blue and black stripped top not quite capable of keeping the wind out.

     My attention was curtly interrupted as the front door eased open with a variety of shrill screeches and a soft golden glow of light poured into the gloomy street.

"Y/N!"  the older lady ushered me into her home quickly closing the door behind as if she feared that I might bolt at any given moment.

     The woman's eyebrows furrowed in anxious worry as she looked me up and down, inspecting every inch for any form of change, while I stood completely still, in some form of sea-sickness if that was possible.  I feared my stomach was still left outside from the abrupt movement.  The lady bobbled her head, obviously quite content with my state.

"Everyone was so worried!  Why'd you do it?!"  she rambled, "We looked all over, so close to the moving date too."

     Meeting my gaze my old neighbour gave herself a brief nod before leading off in the direction of the kitchen.

"I'm sure I have the address around here somewhere..." Mrs Imai said mostly to herself, "Even a phone number would do-  Ah!  Here it is!"

     I watched the grandmother in confusion as her wrinkled hands clasped my own and a slip of paper was shoved into my palm.  Struggling to comprehend what the lady was going on about now, I looked down and took in the address written neatly in cursive.  Blinking once again, I avert my gaze back to Mrs Imai and flash her a quizzical expression.

"Your parents moved, honey, didn't you know?"