Part 13: Ink's past

The art is not mine. I hope you will like it.

———————————————————————

Ink was in the library on the second story looking at the art trying to cheer himself up. After he confessed his hatred of pirates to Error they walked in awkward silence to Error's home. When they got in, Ink went straight to the library. Error left him alone for a bit, but after an hour or so he was by Ink's side. Error asked, "What happened?"

Ink sighed before he answered. "To tell you, I want something in return... I want my bag back." Error agreed then Ink turned to the balcony's railing and rested his arm on it to continue. "It all started in my home town a long, long time ago."

~time to the past when Ink was a child~

Ink was running through the town's streets and was heading to the forest. When he neared the the Entry path he saw someone was already there. Ink smile grew and he moved faster as he called out "Ruru!" "Kiki... wh-what took y-you so l-long?!" Ruru said back. Ink apologized before laughing with joy of seeing Ruru.

Ruru blushed and looked away while reaching his hand towards Ink. Ink grabbed it without hesitation and both of them entered the forest talking about things that others wouldn't care about but to them was important. Those were the happiest time I ever had. Ruru and I played in that forest for hours on end. We just got lost talking about anything and everything even when we were tired from our fun. It just felt like we were the only beings in the whole world. I wouldn't change a thing, but fate had other plans."

I developed my power and things changed, everyone treated me different, special. All except one. Ruru treated me the same and that made me overjoyed. Everyone talked about my power and tried to make me use it but I was a shy child back then. So that's why I was overjoyed when Ruru tried to protect me and help me run away from them. One day I went to the forest early and saw Ruru wasn't there yet, so I entered ahead of him to get something. A gift for Ruru.

I wandered around until I made my biggest mistake. . . I passed a tree then stopped in front of a bearded man wearing black clothes. "Ahoy child... where did you came from?" said the bearded stranger. I was confused before smiling and answered the man, "Hello, I came from my village over that way."

I then pointed back in the direction where I came from. The bearded man in black looked back where I pointed. Then a grin came to his face as he looked back at me . "Would you mind if you showed me the way child, I don't know if I could find it with these old tired eyes," the man asked. I nodded and agreed to the man's request. I lead the way through the forest holding the man's sinewed hand.

I slowly walked the bearded man in black, not knowing that others were watching, not knowing the mistake I made. Chaos erupted throughout the village a few minutes after I and my new "friend" entered the village. The man in black words of attack echoed through the air with other yells and screams followed by the scream's of pain from the villagers. The town was painted red by glimmering and shimmering flames and flowing blood.I then turned to the bearded man in black and asked, "What is happening and what are you doing?"

The man looked down into my face with a vile smile, a wicked grin with his sockets sparkling with bloodlust and laughingly said, "What do you think we're doing... we're pillaging my child and it's all thanks to you my boy..." I became frozen looking into his wide sockets and was only able to utter just one word, "What?" The man, who I now saw as a monster continued, "Without you, my men and I wouldn't been able to enter your rich and fattened village because of a protection barrier surrounding and protecting it. Only a member of that village can let people in, so thank you kid, I couldn't have done it without your great help!"

I fell to my knee with my tears of anguish and pain falling to the ground. The flood of thoughts and the realization tortured my mind. The man who I now know as the captain of this pain and guilt, walked next to me laughingly and tauntingly saying, "Oh don't you worry mate... I won't hurt y'all... you still might be useful to this ole Captain unless someone better comes along..." I don't remember what happened next because it all happened so fast. What I do remember was that the guards came and drove the merciless pirates away. But the pirates didn't leave empty handed... they took Ruru with them and left me crying in the blood soaked road. People started to blame Ruru because he was gone with the pirates even though I tried to tell them the truth... "It was all my fault that he was taken. If I waited for him at the edge of the forest and hadn't foolishly gone in alone he wouldn't have been taken," Ink finished.

Tears slowly fell from Ink's eyes and Error didn't know what to say. Ink sat down and Error joined him. Error pulled Ink to lean on him and tried to comfort by saying, "It's not your fault you weren't the one who failed. You had the trust of youth. It was that man who failed you. He tricked you and if your friend was here I bet he would never blame you." Ink didn't know why but hearing him say that gave him relief. Ink closed his sockets and drifted to sleep with a faint sound, "I would never blame you for anything except my happiness." For that was the last thing he heard that night, then he completely fell into a peaceful dream.
————————————————————————
Author-Chan: Well I feel sorry for Ink not only for his past but what he told Error. Now he had words of blackmail hehe!😈

Breeze: That's against the law you know.

Author-Chan: I mean blackmail of teasing, come on don't take our fun.

Breeze: I'm not. but I am wondering what Error is going to plan for Ink, he did get a confession in a vague way.

Author-Chan: I don't know, but I bet Error is happy about it. For now I have to go, bye.