Chapter 3: Maybe I Do Care..

SHIVAAYS POV

I had been thinking about Annika for a while, she was the first person to ever talk to me like that. I had never known someone to ever challenge Shivaay Singh Oberoi. But I just felt like there was a connection between us, but I couldn't reach it. We were totally different but somehow I felt close to her even though I had only known for her a day. It all got to me but my ego which is uncontrollable gets in the way.

END OF POV

Dadi told Annika to help her in the kitchen to arrange food and put it on the table so she did so. However, Annika wasn't good at cooking and didn't know much. Dadi got a phone call from her sister and left the room to chat leaving Annika to cook herself. She managed to do majority herself and followed the instructions well but something wasn't right. A weird smell had come from the burner so she decided to explore not knowing she would burn herself. She put her hand on the burner and screamed "AHHHH".

As soon as her scream was heard everyone had been confused as to what happened except shivaay who ran as soon as possible to see Annika blowing on her hand. Shivaay freaked out and helped her.

Shivaay: Annika! What have you done?

Annika: *blows on her hand*

Shivaay: How did you burn your hand!?

*Shivaay grabs her hand and puts it in ice water*

Shivaay: wait here!

*brings the first aid kit*

Annika: It isn't anything serious, it's going to heal!

Shivaay: ARE YOU STUPID? THIS COULDVE BEEN WORSE AND HERE YOUR SAYING ITS NOTHING?

Annika: You're overreacting honestly. I can do this myself.

*Shivaay applies ointment and turmeric on to her hand*

Annika: Mr. Oberoi, it's nothi-

*he places his hand on her mouth to shush and she stares at him. He applies it and then glances to see her staring at him. He stares back until the stare and silence is broken by Pinky*

Pinky: O my mahta! Annika, are you ok?

Annika: Haa Pinky aunty, I'm fine.

Pinky: How did you do this?

Annika: The burner was making a weird smell so I touched it and burnt my hand a little bit.

Pinky: Thankfully Shivaay was here to help you apply.

Shivaay: I'm leaving for a business meeting.

Pinky: Ok...

* Without any hesitation, shivaay left the room in a flash and drove off to his meeting *

Annika: HES weird.

Pinky: I can't disagree, HES probably a little stressed right now that's why. Is he bothering you?

Annika: .. no, not at all. He's just a little..

Pinky: Rude? I know what you mean. He has temper issues and it's very hard for him to control them.

Annika: He can't control them even one bit, like who is he? Always shouting at me for no reason.

Pinky: Annika, DONT worry. If he bothers you, tell me. I will tell him off!

*they both laugh*

Annika decides to leave the house early as it was raining however Dadi kept insisting her to stay one more night. Sadly, Annika couldn't stay with them for another day due to Sahil coming back from a school trip.
Annika left the house with her bag and it was pouring, raining cats and dogs! The weather was uncontrollable and it was extremely hard to get a rickshaw or taxi so Annika had to run for five minutes. The side walk and roads were slippery that someone could slip and injure them self but she didn't think about the consequences if she ran in this weather. After running for 2 minutes, her sandal ripped so she walked barefoot. All the mud, dirty water and stones touched her feet second by second.