Chapter 10: Hidden Secrets!

Gauri was a little annoyed, she didn't want Omkara to be lying about their relationship. She was rushing through the hall looking room to for him when she almost slipped on the rug. She opened her eyes to be gazing into Omkara's eyes, he carefully helped her up. "Gauri, be careful! What if you slipped?" He was stressing because he knew he had feelings for Gauri and didn't want any harm to fall on her. Gauri looked at him in disbelief, she shook her head. "Omkara Jee, how could you stoop so low?"
"What do you mean?" He was very confused and didn't know what to say. "Don't act like you don't know! You told Pinky Auntie that we are dating?" Tears formed in her eyes. "If you were going to say something, at least tell me! Why did you do this?" She was eager for an answer. "Gauri, listen. Choti Maa told me that only family are aloud to stay for functions and in our house and she was going to take you out! I stopped her and thought of any excuses to make you stay and that was what came to my mind!" Omkara was nervous, a sweat droplet fell from his forehead. He felt bad for not telling her because she was on the edge of crying. She quickly fanned her eyes to stop her eyes from watering and smiled. "Don't worry Omkara Jee, I understand! Does that mean we have to pretend we are dating?" Gauri plastered a smile on her face after she realised the situation and questioned waiting for an answer. "Well, we don't need to do any romance so don't worry. Just pretend we are dating for a while." He explained quickly. "Now go check on Annika, she might need your help!"
"Okay Omkara Jee, And I'm sorry I was mad at you without knowing the story. It was very thoughtful of you to let me stay here." She turned around and smiled at him, she walked up to him and kissed him in the cheek and left rapidly. Omkara placed his hand on his cheek and smiled, he couldn't believe Gauri kissed him.

Meanwhile, Annika was sitting on her bed waiting for time to pass. Gauri knocked on the door, once then twice after Annika realised. She walked to the door and opened it and saw Gauri. "Vaah, tum yahaan ho! main kisee ke lie intajaar kar raha hoon, main bahut oob gaya hoon!" Annika grabbed her arm and dragged her into her room and sat her on the bed. "Didi, tum kya kar rahe ho? Where is Jiju?" Gauri was confused, she looked around. "Shivaay isn't here, I don't know why but he told me not to come out of the room. I'm so bored." She yawned and stretched. "I think he's hiding something from me... but what's so important that I can't step foot out my room?" Annika was thinking hard, she had to find out at any cost. "Forget that, what do you want to eat? I can bring food here!" Gauri asked.
"No need." Shivaay entered the room with a tray of food. "I bought it here, you two can talk. Just make sure you eat Annika." He left the room quickly without any hesitation. "Something is definitely wrong!" Annika wouldn't be in peace until she found out what that matter was. Her nose started to twitch, she could smell something, something very wonderful. She walked from the bed sniffing the tray, she opened the dish and it was none other then her favourite 'Aloo Puri'. "EEEEEEK, ALOO PURI! I CAN'T WAIT TO DIG IN! I'm hungry as hell!" She grabbed the plate and dug in, she licked her lips in amazement. "This is the best aloo puri I've ever have! Shivaay is one good cook I must say!" She carried on to eat with a big smile. Gauri was giggling and snorting a little. "Dee, great job that you married an amazing cook!" The room went silent, Annika's smile disappeared instantly. She placed the plate down on the tray and stood their in silence.

"Dee, I know you can't change the past. Whoever he was, was a douche bag but now you are married to Shivaay, he won't let any harm fall upon you!" Gauri tried to plaster a smile on her face but it was no use. Shivaay was about to enter the room but stood outside listening to the conversation. "Gauri, you know what. I've never got to have the childhood that the Obros had, they grew up together smiling all the way. They had such supportive parents and friends. Every night i would dream about having such a supportive family and friends" she wiped a tear off her cheek. "They are all happy, I wish I lived their childhood. I remember waking up, finding myself laying in the hospital. *she was stuttering a lot now due to the pain in her heart and she was crying* M-mama and papa were right by my side praying to god that nothing happens to me. I can't even live a peaceful life without thinking about it, there hasn't been one night where I haven't remembered the incident and no matter what! I-I can never f-forget that..." she slowly squeezed the pillow beside her and looked up, hoping to god that one day someone could change her life.

"Dee! Forget about this, I am sure Jiju will look after you now. Don't worry about this!" Gauri was also tearing up because she remembered Annika's depression. "Anyways, have you had your medicine?" Gauri walked over to Annika's bag to search for her medication. "No.. I don't want to have medicine. It doesn't help me." Annika kept refusing to open her mouth. Shivaay was getting angry that Annika wasn't taking her medication so her barged into the room. "What's happening? Annika.. why are you crying?" He was very annoyed, he didn't want to see her cry and she wasn't taking her medication. "Nothing!" She quickly wiped her tears away.
"Why aren't you having your medicine? How are you going to get better?" He tried to comfort her and explain. "Better? These medications make it worse!"
"Annika, if you don't have your medicine... I will stop talking to you." He tried to think of the first thing that popped up in his mind. "I'm okay, I don't need to talk to you!" She walked to the poolside, and sat there with her feet dipped into the water.

PRECAP

"Gauri, I want to know the whole story!" Shivaay demanded.

"I won't spare you Annika Trivedi!" He laughed out loud, he lit the picture of Annika on fire.