Chapter 3

"My heart's been torn wide open, just like I feared it would be, and I have no willpower to close it back up"

Annika woke up an hour later to see Shivaay looking at her...she reached out and was about to touch his cheeks when she remembered that Shivaay was in Bangalore...

Annika:"Annika tum bhi na...bagad bille ko ithna miss kar rahe hein ki aadi raath ko unko hi dekh raha hein sapne mein..."

Shivaay:"so you do miss me..."

Annika:"of course I do...yeh puchne vali baath hein kya..."

Shivaay:"and you dream about me too..."

Annika nodded...

Shivaay:"still you fight with me when I'm with you..."

Annika:"woh...mein..."

Annika:"ek minute...aap na bade kaamal ke admi hein...mere sapne mein bhi saval pe saval karthe ho ..."

Shivaay:"answer me Annika...you keep pushing me away when I'm with you...you run away when I come to you...do you hate me...?"

Annika shook her head...

Annika:"please don't say that..."

Her eyes were brimming with tears...

Shivaay:"then why...?

Annika:"I'm scared..."

Shivaay:"of what...?of me...?"

Annika:"of losing you..."

Shivaay:"you know what Annika...I always keep saying that you are my takath...my strength...but for you I'm the biggest weakness...tumari kamzori..."

Annika:"what are you implying Shivaay...?"

Shivaay:"that you bring out each and every reason in this whole world to stay away from me..."

Annika:"I don't..."

She said looking down not wanting to meet Shivaay's eyes...

Shivaay:"yes you do and you know that...look at me in the eye and tell me...tell me that you trust me..."

Annika:"of course I trust you...I was the one who trusted you during Tia and Ragini drama...Remember..."

Shivaay smiled painfully...

Shivaay:"I remember Annika...yes you trust me...but I'm asking you if you trust me with yourself...?your pain, your hopes, your love...?"

Annika:"I have always fought my battles alone Shivaay...and I'm not planning to change that..."

Shivaay:"maybe if you just step out of the fortress of solitude that you have built around yourself Annika, you will see that I'm waiting for you to let me inside...so that I can ease away the pains of your past...to stand by your side and fight it with you..."