Chapter 5

Hi peeps...

Updating the next part of the SS...

PS:"Flashbacks in bold italics and Annika's thoughts about the past in normal in the first part..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 3

Shivaay pulled her closer to him...

He held Annika as she cried her hearts out...

The pain and hurt that was accumulated in her heart since she was a child rained down...

Shivaay:"Annika..."

His voice shaking with pain on seeing Annika crying...that snapped Annika out of her soul wrenching sobs...

Annika:"I'm fine...Shivaay..."

She wiped off her tears...Shivaay intertwined his hands with hers and kissed it...

Annika kept telling herself...it's time Shivaay knew about you...with all the guards down...just the plain Annika...

Annika:"I was 8 and chutki was 5 when our parents died..."

Annika:".when i returned after school that day there was this eerie silence in the house...which was so unusual...usually papa and ma would wait for us in the porch sipping their tea...and chutki would be napping after coming back from the nursery school..."

She took a deep breath...seeing it all in her mind again...the haunting darkness in the house...the maddening silence...after getting no response even after calling out for her parents for a few times...panic had started to creep in...

Annika:"there was blood all over when I switched on the lights...for the first time I feared the unknown...I was scared...I followed the trail and I found papa in the bedroom...drenched in a pool of his own blood...lifeless...he was..."

She left it hanging...but Shivaay knew what it was...what Annika was trying to say...

Annika had screamed and cried out loud...calling out for her father to wake up...but he was already..

Annika swallowed...

Annika:"I heard a whimper from the washroom...Mom...She was still alive...barely..."

After calling for ambulance she had ran to chutki expecting the worse...but she was safe...her little angel was hugging her worn out yellow giraffe and was fast asleep...She couldn't wake her up and risk her seeing those horrifying things...and getting scarred forever...

Annika:"we took Ma and papa  to hospital...but...Papa was already gone by then...and Ma...once she came to know that Papa was no more even she lost her will to live..."

Annika:"I even fought with the nurse who said that Ma and Papa were gone...but they really were gone...away from us forever..."

Shivaay's heart bled for his Annika...losing her loved ones at an age when she didn't even know what death was...watching her narrate her past like it was just a story was more painful than it would have been if she was crying...He was sure that Annika was reliving those incidents...

Annika was stuck in the whirlpool of her past...and only thing that kept her tied to reality was Shivaay...

After postmortem they had brought their bodies back home...

Annika was slowly learning...learning that bad things can also happen...life was not just a bed of roses...there were thorns too...

And after the funeral service she heard a new story too...that it was a suicide...apparently papa and ma were having financial crisis at the business...and they were in heavy debts...