Chapter 1

Its the beginning of the summer and my parents decide to move from Florida to LA. We have everything packed and on its way to LA but we leave tomorrow morning.

But tonight my friends and boyfriend are throwing me a farewell party.

"Jessica!", my mom yells. "I'm upstairs!", I yell back. I look in the mirror one last time and head downstairs. I'm wearing a crop top and a skirt with heels.

"Ready hun?", my mom asks. "Ready as I'll ever be.", i say with a nervous smile.

"Isn't that a little much for a party?", my dad asks. "Leave her alone honey, it's fine Jessica", My mom says. "Well have fun and don't hold back it's your last day here and you probably won't see these kids ever again.", he tells me.

Wow I can't believe that came out of my dad's mouth. That's so unlike him. He probably feels bad about the move or mom talked to him.

I snap back in the the conversation. "Remember what we talked about.", she says tossing me my car keys. Right I remember, she wants me to break up with Jake. "I will.", I say and head out the door.

The partys at Jake's house so I turn right and step on it. "This is going to be hard.", i think to myself. He has been my boyfriend for more than 3 years.

He's going to come over to my house in the morning to say Goodbye.

I said Goodbye to his parents a couple days ago because they went to see Jake's grandma in Washington, DC.

I talked to Jake's mom before they left and told her i was going to break up with Jake. She said that's probably best and that I'm always welcomed back.

I pull into his drive way and I'm shaking I'm so nervous.