Chapter 5

I wake up and get dressed and put my clothes in my suitcase.

Jake was suppost to come over and say Goodbye this morning but that's not going to happen.

We eat breakfast and we all walk through the house together one last time to say goodbye. After were done we get in my car and drive to the airport.

"How was the party?", my mom asks.

"Good other than the break up.", i say.

"How did he take it?", dad asks.

"Not very well but when I was leaving he said his sorry and we said Goodbye.", i sniff and wipe away a tear.

"Dont cry honey, It was for the best.", mom says.

"I know.", i say as we pull into the airport.

We are going to fly my car to LA with us. 3 hours later we load onto the plane and within minutes my parents are asleep. Geez i dont know what there going to do with the time zone difference.

The plane has wifi so i brought my labtop with me. I plug in my headphones and watch a movie.

I grap my phone from my bag and check my messages. Theres a couple "I miss you's!", from my friends.

And theres a paragraph from Jake...

"I miss you Jessica. I went to your house... but you had gone so I drove to the airport. They wounldnt let me through the gates to see you. I even tried to bribe them but then the lady said buy a ticket or we'll get security to escort you out. Haha. So I was $10 short of a ticket and I left my credit cards at home. My parents said I can move to LA after college but I can come visit you at least. I feel like I cant live without you. I'll always love you, like ive said many times before. If you want me to leave you alone, I will and you'll never see me again. Just tell me. Jessica its harder for me. Im still here. All the memories we have here and here with me. You get to start all over. So just let me know what you decide. So I guess this is Goodbye my love."

Im in tears by the time im done reading it.

I reply, "Jake, I still love you too but you know since we cant see each other we cant be together. Dont come visit yet,Im not ready. We can still talk. Im so sorry. This is Goodbye my love."

A few seconds later i check to see if hes saw if yet and sure enough he has but he doesnt said anything back.

I turn off my phone and still notice the ring on my finger. I'll keep it on until i get to the new house so i don't lose it.