Mark, To The Principal's Office...

SOuND: The Future of Music For All. Comes in an assortment of colors such as righteous red, beautiful blue, perfect purple, youthful yellow, and our fan-favorite, gorgeous green. Must be 13 or older to receive installment into eardrum. Only for a price of 250 dollars. SOuND: The Future of Music For All.

The ad went on and on about the legal parts of everything. Ever since I saw the advertisement for the first time, I knew I had to have one. Especially because my 13th birthday was in a couple of days. Usually I would always be dreading my birthday– I've always hated the idea of cakes and parties and stuff. I've never really had a official birthday, now that I think about it. Every year I would just sit at the dining table with my mom and open gifts that my family members and herself would buy for me. Then we would go someplace and eat some food while sitting inside. And a good “coincidence” is that Evan would be always working on my birthday.

Which is a positive point for me, of course.

I shook my head, jumbling all of my thoughts together. I continued on my journey to school, soon arriving  and heading through its front doors.

I entered the almost broken-down building, and already people were staring me down. It was the third quarter of the school year, so I know mostly everyone and what their name was. I had to remind myself that I wasn't very social, meaning that I didn't have many friends. Everyone I tried to get close to just pushed me away, like a little kid pushing away plate of vegetables. I tried not to think of it too much.

I sighed, trying to squeeze by people so I could reach the lockers that they surprisingly had the budget for, since the lockers were so advanced and hi-tech.

"Move it, idiot."

"Excuse you, what's your face."

“Coming through, watch your feet.”

Those insults rang in my ear as I punched in the numbers on my passlock. It beeped, the door responding by sliding downwards to reveal a spiffy, sleek laptop.

"Good morning, Mr. Mark. What would you like to do?" The screen had three options, to charge the Chaos, to see my schedule, and to shut off.

This school had too many restrictions on their technology.

"No, I'm good. Shut up." I said. My eyes widened and my brain snapped, realizing I said 'shut up' instead of 'shut off''. The laptop started beeping, which alarmed the teachers that were watching us use the laptops before homeroom.

"What did you do?" A teacher, Mr. Murdock, yelled, quickly typing a code on the keys of the laptop to make it really shut up.

"I said shut up instead of shut off." The laptops were really sensitive, almost like a prototype instead of the finished product. If students disrespected them, it knew. Even by saying one stupid thing like that.

"You really expect me to believe that?!" Mr. Murdock boomed, looking me dead in the eye.

"Uh... Y-Yes... kids do it all the time. It was just an accident, sir. It won't happen again." I stuttering, looking at his navy blue tie that dangled from his shirt.

"Like I expect to believe that. Principal's office, now," he said, pointing down the hall.

"Mr. Murdock! Classes are about to start! I said I was sorry, so just let me go! Please?" I pleaded, almost thinking about getting on my knees.

I'm not the person to get into trouble. But with my mind being all over the place most of the time and Evan being at home to beat me up everyday will you go insane a bit.

Just to say this, I think Mr. M has some anger issues. And he says the word ‘expect’ a lot.

"Now." He insisted. I groaned the same groan that I emitted this morning as I made my way to the dark principal's office.