Flying By For A Visit

I threw my hoverboard a few feet in front of me and hopped on it, taking off in mere seconds. I haven't had much practice flying with it, so I was wobbling all over the sidewalk. It was just like a skateboard, just with no wheels.

"C'mon, go faster...!" The hoverboard blasted off into the sky without warning, me slowly trying to regain my balance. I grunted, finally taking control of the hoverboard. I flew towards the ground and swerved against flying cars and other people against the sidewalk.

"This is so COOL!" I yelled, throwing my hands in the air. I was immediately thrown off of my board and onto the road, landing on my stomach, which forced my breath out of me.  I crawled my way to the sidewalk and stared at the tree that was in my way. I squinted into the tree, seeing my hoverboard hovering over a branch dangling close to me.

"Come. Slowly," I commanded. The rocket repulsors slid out, making the hoverboard drift towards me.

"There we go..." I said, grabbing ahold of the board. I looked up at the street sign. Oakland Avenue. She was only a couple blocks away. I heard a quick three beeps, making me glance at the hoverboard.

"Uh oh." I whispered, the hoverboard blasting off again. I screamed as it took me high into the air and back down again. I quickly climbed onto the board and regained control, trying to control it like a surfboard instead. That worked a little better. I smiled as I blasted off once again, but this time with me having a bit more control.

Sooner or later, I landed in the front yard on my Aunt Deana's house, jumping off my hoverboard and holding it between my arm and body. I knocked her door, looking at her windows for any movement. The door swung open, Aunt Deana staring at me with a scowl on her face.

She held out her hand while I dug into my pockets and pulled out her card. She swiped it from me and ruffled my hair, smiling at me.

"Come in, I'll get you something to drink." She turned and walked inside, with me following close behind her. I sat on her couch as her miniature poodle, Maisie, jumped on me and sniffed me for any new scents. I chuckled and patted her fluffy head, her seeming to enjoy it as I petted her.

"Maisie!" Aunt Deana said, with Maisie jumping off of me and sitting in front of her, wagging her tail. She smiled, holding two cans of Sprite in one hand and her one and a half year old daughter in the other.

"She seems kinda tired, don't you think?" I suggested, tilting my head at her. She sat her on the couch while the baby stared lazily at me.

"She just woke up from her nap, so you have to be quiet," Aunt Deana implied. "Avrilon, say hello to your cousin, Mark,"

Avrilon yawned and leaned against the couch, her eyelids drooping open and closed. I smiled and held my finger out to her. I grabbed it with her little ones and yawned again, falling asleep. I chuckled and slipped my finger out of her grasp.

"Quite the princess, huh?" Aunt Deana said, popping  her own can open. I did the same, wiping the dripping sweat on the outside of the can off with my shirt. I took a sip, Maisie jumping on the couch once more and laying next to me.

"You better call home, my sister is probably worried sick about where you are." Aunt Deana argued, drinking her Sprite.

"She doesn't get home until late today." I said, looking at Maisie.

"What about Evan?"

"He doesn't care."

"Point taken, and I agree," Aunt Deana didn't agree on Evan either. Great minds think alike ,I suppose.

"Well, you can stay until your uncle gets here, which will be in a couple of minutes," Aunt Deana concluded, noticing my hoverboard in the corner. She smirked, reaching over to inspect it.

"Tinkering again, I see. You rode this all the way here?" She asked, turning it upside down.

"Yup. But I'll probably going to take it apart tonight and rebuild it into rocket boots." I explained.

"Wild imagination. I remember when I was young, I wanted to be an inventor. I guess I'm looking at me in the future, huh?" She said, smiling. "You keep doing what you're doing, and you'll do great in life." After that, we sat in silence for a few minutes, looking at objects in the room.

Suddenly, The door sounded with my uncle walking through it. "Welcome, Mr. Christopher."

"Hey there Mark! Long time no see!" He exclaimed, hugging me.

"Nice to see you too, Uncle Chris. Well, it's been nice. Thanks for having me over, Aunty. See you Monday!" I said, running out the door. I crossed my arms together, which activated the hoverboard to launch out of their house. Aunty Deana ran out of her house and waved goodbye.

"Get home safely!" She yelled after me, with me hopping onto my board and taking off back home.

----~----

I slid into my Gravity chair and put my hoverboard on my table, docking it so I could take it apart.

"Time to get to work." I said, rubbing my hands together.

"Mark, time for dinner!" My mother yelled up the stairs. I groaned, flipping my chair upside down and me falling out of it.

"Coming..." I moaned, shaking my head and sliding down the stairs to enjoy my mother's homemade cooking.