What Might The Future Hold? {End}

Tris and I flew threw the air, sniping zombies left and right in the street. I gave her a high-five as we went into an area with tons of them. The zombies' heads snapped up and began to walk towards us, forming a circle around us. I looked over my shoulder at Tris, who nodded and smirked at me.

We came back to back to each other and let loose, no holds barred. We began to turn, zombies falling like rocks. Before I knew it, they were all on the ground. I groaned and took a knee, tired. Tris leaned over me, grinning. She stretched her arm out and pulled me up.

"Up there," I said, pointing to the air balloon. "I think most of the zombies are shot. They should be returning back to normal soon. Up there... is the final boss." I glanced over at Tris, who looked back at me and smiled.

"No matter what happens... you're still going to be..." Tris gulped and looked at the leaf-covered ground. "My friend." I smiled and held my arm out.

"Hold on." I replied. She gripped my hand tight as we took off towards the air balloon.

Towards the final boss of the game.

----~----

We landed at the cabin's door, in front of the guard rail. I looked at Tris, who wasn't looking too well.

"Hey, you OK?" I asked her. She smiled and nodded, pointing her pistol to the door. I nodded back and kicked open the door, pointing the pistol at the pilot. He turned around and held his hands up in the air. I tilted my head at his reply.

"Looking for me?" A voice called out. I turned and pointed my pistol at him.

Mr. SOuND.

He was standing on a stage, with a hostage right next to him. I gasped, fury building up in me.

It was Tris's mother!

"Surprise, surprise. Someone actually came to save the day. Nice to meet you, Mark."

"It's not nice to meet you. Why do you have Tris's mother as a hostage?!" I yelled at him, putting a little pressure on the trigger. He chuckled, taking the tape off of her mouth. Tris's mom coughed and looked at the ground.

"I-I... work for him. He saw me on the street begging for money, so he took me under his wing. He said that I could anything I wanted if I listened to him. If I worked for him. And I had a daughter. She got ran over by a bus when she was five... I'll never forget that day."

"But... then... who is..." I turned my head to see Tris on the floor, weak. She didn't look like she was breathing either.

"You zapped over ninety-four percent of the zombies. Nice work." My A.I companion chimed in. I sighed, knowing that she was still there.

"So, after he noticed me grieving, he built me one. It took a long time. But I guess the battery ran out." Tris's mother sadly concluded, sniffing. I clenched my fist, pulling the trigger back even farther.

"Don't worry; I'll make you a new daughter. As soon as I finish this maniac off." I proclaimed. Mr. SOuND's eyes widened as he tilted his head, staring at my SOuND.

"How are you not infected?! Y-You should be a brainless zombie right now!" Mr. SOuND yelled. I smirked.

"That's for me to know, and for you to never find out," I said, pointing the gun at the ground. I pulled the trigger, which shot me backwards. He flinched as I activated my Root and blasted towards him, sinking my foot into his face. He was slammed to the ground as I backflip landed on the ground. I held my pistol to his forehead.

"You're a sick, sick man, Mr. SOuND. I'm sad that I even wanted this stupid thing." I said. Mr. SOuND smirked and snapped his fingers. All at once, guards began to flood the stage, their guns loaded and targeted at me.