Down To Earth

"Tris... save me..."

So this is what being dead feels like…

I jolted up, coughing up junk out of my throat. I started breathing hard, wondering where I was.

Wait a second. I was breathing. I could breathe!

But wait. Wait. I looked at all of my surroundings, as well as what I was laying on. I was laying on old parts, possibly from old inventions and other robot parts. The only things that surrounded me were old buildings and clusters of leafless trees. I stood up and looked above me.

Dark clouds. An even darker sky.

A dark world.

"T-Tris?" I stammered, shivering. I guess the pollution clouds can only produce cold weather. I took one step forward to see what was off in the distance. More buildings.

"Y-Yes, M-Mark?" Tris talked like she was shivering as well. Could she feel the heat and the cold as well?

"Status update. I-I don't kn-know, something." I started walking towards a building that had its windows shattered. Almost half of the building was mostly covered by old parts, so I had to climb in through a window.

"W-Well, we're about one hundred and ninety seven miles away from the A-Alversia ship, there's little to no oxygen down here, and the R-Roots needs to be charged. I think I need to be too..." Tris moaned in despair, somehow shifting off. I let her as I crawled through the window, landing on the cement floor. There was a office chair that had a worn-down blanket over the top. I took it and wrapped myself in it to keep warm. I shivered once more, looking around for more supplies.

I have to recreate a charger for my Roots... I thought as I went down the stairs in search for more stuff.

Ugh... what am I going to eat? I spotted a fridge, throwing it open. The door of the fridge fell off, slamming onto the ground. Oh well.

There was some applesauce and fruit cocktail cans, both somewhat warm. I checked the date on both of them.

"August 20th, 2050. It's still good, somehow." I said aloud. I searched around for a spoon and can opener. I found both of them and chowed down, eating every last of it. I went back upstairs and sat in the office chair, thinking about how to recreate the charger.

I'm gonna need a car battery... some wires... hopefully a laptop or something close to it... but wait... I don't think I'm gonna have enough power to get back up to Alversia with the Roots... I'm going to need a... an airplane of sorts, yea! An old aircraft should do the trick. I nodded and stood up.

Time to do some scavenging.

----~----

Along the way, I had found a backpack to carry my stuff in. I had four car batteries, a spool of wires, a phone that can connect to those wires with a little tinkering, and even some gasoline and an old MultiTool. All I need was a…

"Airplane!" I yelled, running towards it. I hugged it tightly, knowing that it was my one-way ticket out of here. Its windshield was even intact. The aircraft has a triangular shape to it, it being one of newer airplanes of the future. However, it was a two person plane. But nevermind that. Now came the hard part.

Dragging this thing back to base. I hopped inside the aircraft, sitting in the pilot's seat. Models these days were so easy to work with, even a baby could pilot it. I deployed the landing gear, making the aircraft jump up a bit. I hopped out and started to push. Even if it was light to push, I still had to strain to make it to base. It started to get darker, which meant for it to be colder. I parked the aircraft right in front of the window and jumped inside, wrapping the blanket around me tighter. I threw the backpack on the desk in front of the chair and grabbed my MultiTool.