The Dream

It was about 7:00 in the evening now, and Eleanora hadn't had any human contact since Bruce. Her arm was still hurting, making her wish that she had never destroyed those pain killers, earlier that day. Eleanora was also growing hungry and cold.

There wasn't anything on her side of the room. No bed or blankets, not even a toilet. She would have to go sooner or later, and she really did hope that they would let her out, when she did need to go.

Eleanora had moved positions, she no longer was sitting in the middle of the room. Eleanora had taken refuge, in one of the back corners, resting against the wall. She was all curled up in a ball, hiding her face in her arms and upper legs; the pain of her arm and the growing pain of hunger, Eleanora had let out a few tears, but she quickly wiped them away.

Eleanora sat there shivering. She had asked them to turn on the heater, but she would swear that the room only got colder. Eleanora was shivering so much, that she had failed to notice that Natasha was walking down the stairs, followed by Bruce. Natasha had a pillow and blanket in her arms, while Bruce held a try with some more pain killers and her dinner; which was a small portion of baby carrots, mashed potatoes and salmon.

'Good evening, Eleanora' Natasha greeted

Eleanora shot her head straight up, to see the two avengers standing there.

'Good evening' Eleanora responded, 'What do I owe the pleasure?'

'We brought you some dinner' Bruce answered

'Not hungry' she lied, looking down at the ground near her feet

Natasha dropped the pillow, and the blanket at her own feet. She took the tray from Bruce and whispered for him to go up stairs. When Bruce had disappeared up the stairs, Natasha walked into Eleanora's side of the room, and sat in front of Eleanora, and gave the girl the tray, placing it on her lap.

'You are a smart girl, Eleanora' Natasha started 'So, I trust that you would be able to figure out that, if we did try and poison you, your dad would kill us'

'I am not eating, because I don't trust you. I am just not eating, because I am not hungry'

'Explain the painkillers today'

'Simple. I don't feel pain'

'Oh, really?' Natasha asked, before she lightly hit Eleanora's cast

'Ouch' Eleanora whined 'Okay, you got me there'

Eleanora then picked up on of the baby carrots, that was sitting on the plate in front of her and popped it in the mouth. Then she calmly picked up another one and pointed it at Natasha.

'Let's make a deal' Eleanora said as an idea popped into her mind 'I promise I will be good. That I won't run away, hurt anyone. I promise that I will not use my abnormal abilities; I won't do anything. However, you have to let me go to school, I have to go; I need to learn'

Natasha was taken back, she wasn't expecting that sort of deal. The look in Eleanora's eyes however, Natasha could tell that she was telling the truth, but Natasha couldn't do it, she didn't have that kind of authority.

'Finish your dinner' Natasha said, then she walked up the stairs and out; ignoring all of Eleanora's calls

Stephen stood staring out the window, into the dark starry sky over New York. He was listening to the conversation, that everyone was having about his daughter. Eleanora was passed out, you could see her fast asleep on the security cameras.

The conversation about Stephen's daughter was surprisingly calm. They were all sitting around a table, discussing the pros and cons about letting her out. Also, the precautions they had to take, if they did agree to let her go to school.