Mr. Levi James Desmott - June 22, 1882

Arden,

Arden,

I have spoken to both Berith and Gressil. We have come to an agreement—the boy is to be removed in whatever matter you feel is most efficient. As for the girl, she will be sent back to London where I will decide on an appropriate punishment. I urge you to remain silent on this matter, as we do not want others to expect such benevolence. Because of the sensitivity of this issue, I will personally retrieve Miss Gressil from Manchester this upcoming Monday. I would ask that you would follow through with my previous order as well as work to cancel any productions at the Royal in which the daughter of Gressil is meant to be performing. Please give my apologies to the manager and assure him that I will be sending someone in her stead.

Thank you for the inquiry into this month's records. I assure you, am keeping them. I would remind you that it is not your place as a neph to question my actions or how I do my job. You need only do your own, which does not require your viewing or even knowing of my own records. I would kindly ask that you refrain from asking after such things again as they do not concern you. I would hate to have to mention you insolence to Lucius.

Sincerely,