Mr. Levi James Desmott - July 28, 1882

Dear Miss Holbrook,

Dear Miss Holbrook,

I shall write to you plainly. Lucius has killed a girl from the Ballantyne. Although the death itself has little to do with yourself, it is important that you understand that he is capable of such things. You must cease any relationship you have with him. I urge you to flee to America or at least to the countryside where you will be harder to find. As for your friends, I ask that they return to their commander. Their presence has already attracted Lucius's attention and he will not hesitate to seek them out if you go missing.

He has plans for you, ones that I scarcely understand myself—but they are not of a wholesome nature. You must run, Miss Holbrook, lest you be caught up in whatever evil he has planned.

There are other things I wish to say to you, other questions I need ask, but I shall refrain from doing so here. Know this, I recognize you. I cannot seem to decide from where, but I know that we have met before. There is a fog around you. I only worry that you, as a human, have no idea what it is you have stumbled into. But then, what you saw in the parlor yesterday and what you did in Hyde Park... both are marks of someone, something, unlike anything I have ever seen. Perhaps it is I who does not know what he has stumbled in to?

As for your friends—I know, without doubt, who they are. The real question is: do you? You clearly are not one of them or else you would have kept your distance. Your wandering into Lucius's den is evidence enough of your naivety.

Please tell Gabriel that he would do well to change his name next time. The very fact that he kept it comes off as arrogant. Not a fitting look for him. Do tell him I said so.

 Do tell him I said so