July 14, 1882 - Lucius - Test Notes

Shows promise

Shows promise

No abilities as of present

Easily manipulated

Quick to agree

Hand burns – Still no sign that she experiences any pain

Time with flame – twenty minutes (July 14, 1882)

Notes –

Found Merritt speaking to Leviathan before our session. It was clear that their conversation was not of a peaceful nature. Although she has not shown interest in him, he has been all too interested in her. I am concerned with my brother's loyalty as of late and shall take steps to insure that he is in fact devoted to our cause. As for Miss Holbrook, I shall continue to separate her from her guardians. I am unsure of their identities and shall soon begin investigating their origins. The prophecy speaks only of one. I believe, with a certainty I have not felt in some time, that I have found the one I have been searching for. Once she has been sufficiently alienated from those closest to her, I shall begin the real tests. If she is who I think she is—what I think she is—then I shall begin my comparisons. If I cannot succeeding in my goals, then she shall suffer as to make him suffer. I shall end her before she can do his work. The advisor made a mistake in allowing one of his own to step foot onto my property. I have been given a second chance at proving my superiority. I shall not fail twice. As for Leviathan, I fear our time together is drawing to a close.

A servant cannot serve two masters.