Scared

"Hoseok! How you doing man?" Namjoon greeted with a smile as he patted on the hospital bed in cheerfulness.

Hoseok looked at him with drained eyes. The sparkle in them was gone. Namjoon frowned, "What's wrong?"

"It's Jin." Hoseok whispered.

Namjoon sighed, "Can...Can we not talk about him? Jin and I were a mistake, I should have apologized for yelling at him that day, though. Can you believe it Hoseok? He's a fucking gang member."

Hoseok's eyes began to water, "He's dead."

Namjoon who was just about to rant stared at him with wide eyes, "H-How-"

"I watched it happen." Hoseok whimpered.

Namjoon scoffed, "I don't believe you, you're probably making that up to see if I still care about him."

"No Joonie, I'm being serious." Hoseok took a deep breath, "My boyfried is a gang member, he's in Agma too. I resigned from civil service for him. I wanted to be able to live-"

"Your boyfriend is in what gang?!" Namjoon shouted in disbelief.

Hoseok held his tears back, he'd spill those later, "I stopped being a cop and I went looking to see how to join Agma. I got it and now I get to see him...I also found out Jin was in that gang."

"Fucking tell me it's a bad joke, Hoseok." Namjoon warned.

Hoseok shook his head 'no' and his tears finally fell, "We were attacked today and Jin tried helping us so he stabbed one of the attackers. Unfortunately-"

"You even say 'we' now, unbelievable." Namjoon scoffed.

"Listen to me!" Hoseok yelled. Namjoon sat there quietly, Hoseok almost never raised in voice unless there wasn't a break in a case. Hoseok took a deep breath, "Unfortunately, he was shot in the back twice."

Namjoon watched as Hoseok's face contorted in anguish. Namjoon's eyes betrayed him and began to water and sting. His fingers went up to his lips and his hands shook. His anger and feeling of hatred washed away and were replaced with detachment and grief. 

Hoseok went to him and hugged him with all the strength he could. Namjoon's tears wet Hoseok's jacket and his screams muffled by Hoseok's own.

That night, no one slept soundly. Everyone who'd seen the death themselves grieved for their fallen comrade. 

-

"A new location?" Jungkook asked puzzled.

Taehyung nodded, "As I told you, HQ's old location had been found by the police. So, I suggest we relocate. I hope you can understand."

"Of course, I guess we can't go back there and be found by the police, now can we?" Jungkook rhetorically replied.

Taehyung smiled at him and turned onto another street. Jungkook had actually spent the night with Taehyung and Jimin. The next morning over breakfast, Taehyung informed him about the new location. Only to then tell him again in the car.

Taehyung swerved into an old street. The asphalt was cracked, trees curtained the rest of the landscape, and gave it an eerie look. Then they drove into a rocky terrain and stopped at an old warehouse. There were several corpses laying in a pile near the entrance.

"They used to be the police officers that patrolled the perimeter here. Ya know, to make sure people like don't get in." Taehyung explained as he parked the car.

Jungkook nodded in understanding when he got out of the car and stared at them as they walked into the old warehouse. The noise was always comforting to Jungkook and he sighed in content at it all. The sound of beer cans opening, the laughing and talking, moans were also mixed in with the sounds. Yep, it sounds normal, Jungkook smiled. He wondered if Jin had already seen the new place, then again they'd only been breached yesterday so perhaps he hadn't yet.