Escape

... no excuse

--

Taehyung stared at his phone for an awfully long time. Hyuna's words continued to bounce around in his head. It was irritating to be the least, not because she was right. But because it was his pride that cost him to lose Yoongi to begin with. He hadn't tried to hear him out in his fit of rage. And at the end of it all, he threatened Yoongi even after he helped him with the injured Jimin. Even now as he stared at his phone in distaste, it was obvious everyone else needed Yoongi.

It was obvious Jungkook needed him too.

Taehyung scoffed as he watched the boy from his desk. Jungkook stared at a Polaroid of Yoongi, Seokjin and himself. It was a worn out picture, torn at the edges and crinkled up. It was a no brainier that it had gone through a lot. Taehyung glanced back at his phone, "Oh, what the hell."

Jungkook turned to look at him with a raised brow. He watched as Taehyung dialed a number. The latter took in a deep breath, why was this so much harder for him to do than to kill someone? Taehyung sighed, "Ah Yoongi! I didn't think you'd pick up my call."

Yoongi kept silent for a second, "What do you want, kid?"

"I'm sorry but could you please come back?" Taehyung said in a cutesy tone.

"For what? So that you could gut me? What're you planning? To kill me?" Yoongi said flatly.

Jungkook merely continued to stare at Taehyung. Hearing Yoongi's name made him sit up straight, his heart soared and when he heard Taehyung's request, hope flourished within him.

"Quite the contrary." Taehyung sighed, "Please help me, Yoongi. Brother...please help me."

Yoongi stayed silent, that was the first time in a long time he heard Taehyung like that. A fissure began to form in his resolve. Taehyung heard him breathing on the other side of the line.

"We'll talk this over next week, I'm not staying. I will only lend you my hand." Yoongi finally said. Hoseok stared at him with a shocked look, Yoongi looked over at him apologetically.

Taehyung blinked with the tiniest of smiles, "Really? Oh, that's wonderful! I await your arrival, dear brother."

He hung up the phone and clapped, Jungkook smiled and grinned excitedly. Taehyung closed his eyes to visualize old cut up memories of the fun they had together long ago.

Long ago when they were bound at the hip. Long before Jimin, Jin, or Jungkook—even Hoseok— even existed to them.

Long ago when they were the only two in the world for each other.

' "Suga!" Taehyung yelled out, running down the hall towards Yoongi's room.

His tiny hands held onto a stuffed tiger plushy and another kitten plushy. He busted the door open, he licked his lips in an effort to catch his breath. Yoongi turned around to look at him, his left hand holding onto his right bicep.

"Tae, what are you doing here? You should be studying right now." Yoongi whispered attempting to keep his voice from cracking because of the pain.

Taehyung dropped the plushies on the floor and he shuffled over towards Yoongi. He softly pulled away Yoongi's arm to look at the burn mark. His eyes watered and turned red. He glanced up with glassy eyes to his brotherly figure, "Did pa-father do this to you again?"

Yoongi nodded, he looked away but as soon as he heard sniffling, he turned back around. Yoongi gave a dead laugh, "It's nothing I can't handle, Tae. I've gotten used to it, I'll live. Besides...it's only one today."