16

The day started out lovely then Edward and his family arrived and so did Jennifer's brother Jason. Telling Edward and Jason that Nic and Eden had secretly married and what was going to happen at the ball tomorrow was the easy part. It was when Jason left, and Edward and Millie faced Lizzy.

"I received a message that you are no longer to have a season and I should fetch you As soon as possible. What the bloody hell could you have done to cause My sister and the Duchess so much trouble?"

"Edward do not be mad at me. It was all a mistake I set my cap for someone and things did not go as planned. Now Eden is upset and so I am being sent away."

Ed turned to his father and his sister, confused. His father turned to Eden.

"I think you should start at the beginning and tell him everything from the moment you took custody of Lizzy."

"Everything?"

"Everything Eden so he understands this wasn't you just being upset because she was flirting with Nicolas."

"Everything, it started the night of the first ball. She did not think she was pretty enough, and threw a temper tantrum, and Aunt Mary's automizer."

Ed looked over at his father.

"I am so sorry I know how much you miss your sister, and how much you prize the mementos you received."

Wayne put his hand up.

"That is not the worst of it son. Eden Continue."

Edward paled. How could that not be the worst. He turned back to his sister.

"She forced herself on Nikki at a ball and at Nat's house and, she threw a fit for the duchess at a ball. And I guess that is it."

Everyone who had been privy to what Lizzy had been sent home for stood stunned. And Ed knew his sister well enough to know she wasn't telling him something.

"Eden, if you do not tell me all of it. I will have to do something drastic."

She laughed, what could he do to her.

"Remember I own one third of the farm."

"Fine she told everyone one she had slept with Nikki, so he would have to marry her. Are you satisfied?"

Millie looked quite ill and Eden could understand just how she was feeling. She was trying to spare Millie the hardship but by the look on Nikki's face and her fathers she was going to have to tell Eddie all.

"You people are just plain mean; I am sure Millie is to tired to hear all of this."

It was her brother who scolded her, as he glanced at Lizzy he could see she was trying to melt into the chair she was sitting in.

"Eden Now!"

"Fine, there was a couple of small instances where she put lye into my clothing and I may have gotten burned."

She held out her feet to show him the bandages. Millie swooned, and Lizzy looked like she was ready to run. Eden knew Edward cared about her, but it had been a long time since he had come to save his baby sister. They were ten years apart, but the age difference never mattered he was always there to play with her and chase all her fears away. He was always her knight in shiny armor.

"You hurt my sister, so you could get a man? Since I cannot send you to your parents, and I have guardianship over you. I will no longer pay for you or your season ever. Other than that Millie will be the one who figures out how best it is we deal with you. You cannot be trusted among family or friends. I do not know what will become of you?"