7: Lyon-sama

"Juvia-chan, you really are cute~" Lyon praised Juvia for the third time.

"Thank you, Lyon-sama" she replied shyly.

"And also thank you" his tone suddenly change from childish to serious.

"What do you mean?" The clueless girl ask and tilt her head to the side with an question mark on top of her head, clearly showing that she has no clue on why she was been thanked to.

"For accompanying me against your will. I know that you're just forced to come because you don't want to hurt my feelings. And how I selfishly put you in a hard spot. I know you like, no, love Gray and yet you still agreed on coming with me. You really are a kind girl, Juvia-chan" he reasoned while silently playing with his food.

"Loved"

"What?" He asked

"Loved, Lyon-Sama. Juvia loved Gray.
Juvia gave up on Gray, Juvia had enough chasing someone who clearly stated that he doesn't want to be with Juvia. So, Lyon-Sama, Juvia LOVED Gray" she said while staring directly to the young man in front of her, who was clearly in shock.

"I...I see" he was so lost in thoughts that only those were his reply. He doesn't know if he should be happy or..... sad.

'Then...'

He doesn't know what to do, nor what to feel.

'Then...'

Should he...

Can he...

He looked at the girl, conflict on what he should do. He gulped and open his mouth,

"Then, can I?"

"What do you mean?" She asked

"Then, can I be the one? The one who you loved with all your heart? Can I be that one?" He asked, unsure of what he said is right, when reality, he knew that it wasn't.

It wasn't right,
To do that,
To say that,
To ask that,

But he can't help it, the one he admired for so long already gave up on loving his rival. She already said it herself, she doesn't love the guy anymore. So this is his chance, his chance to win her.

"Juvia's not sure. But Juvia will try" she answered with a small smile.

------------

[With Gray]

He doesn't know where he's going, but one thing's for sure, he doesn't want to be there.

Eventually, he bumped someone, but he didn't mind, he doesn't want to face reality yet.

"Oi Gray!"

He flinched internally, yet he doesn't know why.

"Lyon" he mumbled and turned to the owner of the voice. Even though he doesn't want to, he had to.

"Yo, I've heard from Juvia-chan" he started a conversation.

'No.. I don't want to hear it, I don't want to be reminded of it...'

"She finally gave up on you" he said as he walked towards him. And without a warning, he roughly grabbed the collar of Gray's collar and gave him a dark glare, "And I wanna know why and I wanna know now."

Gray couldn't help but scoff, "Why do you need to know? Shouldn't you be happy?" He said with a trace of venom in each of his word, and gave him an even darker glare.

"I may not know Juvia-chan that much, but there's one thing's for sure, she doesn't give up easily, especially if it's about you. Now I wanna know why, and I wanna know now" he removed his grip yet the glare was still present from his eyes.

"So I harshly turned her down, So what? Shouldn't you be celebrating that you can have her now?" He said as he fixed his coat, while eyeing the boy with a hint of jealousy in his eyes.

"Why should I be happy if the person that I love was hurt? Tell me, why?" He asked while gripping his hand, making his palm to loses its color, making it pale.

"Tsk" was the only thing that escape form Gray's mouth as he decided to end the conversation. He walked away, like he always does, he walked away every time there's a problem.

"I hope you're happy, Gray" Lyon whisper and walked away as well.