13: Lyon-sama, Juvia's Sorry.. but Thank you

The journey back after the mission was peaceful, with the two of them talking and laughing, awkward silence, before a new conversation was made.

Yes, peaceful.

On Juvia's side, though she might never admit it to anyone, she was actually too busy calming her rapidly beating heart, as well as subsiding the surprise blushes after witnessing the boy's smiles.

On Gray's side.. he wasn't any differ.

Juvia knows the meaning behind those beating hearts and blushes every now and then, she knows it too well.

But she won't acknowledge it.

She doesn't want to acknowledge it.

And she cant, no matter what.

Their current relationship - friends with no feelings for each other - is already enough. Things should be enough. For both of them.

Gray is obviously content with the current relationship, and was at peace even if she's near him. He doesn't need to force a smile whenever she's around. He doesn't need to pretend that she was special to him.

'Juvia can not fall in love with Gray again.. she just can't...'

Restless, Juvia decided to peek at the boy, eyes squinting to her side while trying not to move her head. Her eyes watch as he mumbled to himself, a giggle unconsciously leaked out of her mouth, immediately catching the boy's attention.

Juvia swear that she felt her heart skipped a beat when the two made eye contact. Crimson red immediately painted her face as she quickly let out a shaking laughter, bidding him a quick goodbye, and dashing ahead.

And poor Gray was left alone, eyes widen while staring at the bluenette. His cheeks flushed madly in crimson red as well.

'What is wrong with Juvia?! With Juvia's heart?! Did Juvia forgot that she was already rejected by Gray?! No no no no n--'

"-- Oof!"

Juvia rubbed her head with gentleness, tears slowly forming on the side of her eyes. Though, her eyes stared at the hand suddenly overstretched to her, before blinking rapidly in confusion.

She trailed the hand, and immediately smiled gratefully and grabbing a hold on the hand.

"Thank you, Lyon-sama!" Juvia exclaimed, smiling brightly at the boy in front of her.

Lyon merely smiled, but continue holding her hand. He stared at her for a moment, before sighing. Gently patting the side of her head, he smiled apologetically at her, "I'm sorry, Juvia-chan. Does it still hurt?"

Juvia shook her head in denial, "No no, Juvia is alright, she's not hurt."

She watch as he sigh in relief, "Thank goodness.. but why were running anyway?"

"Oh, Juvia was just running away from Gr--- Hahahaha! Juvia meant that she just finished her job and was excited to go to the guild. That right..."

Lyon stared for a moment, before heading out a sigh, "I see.."

He clenched her hand and gently tugged her towards the Fairy tail Guild, not minding the surprise yelp form the bluenette.

"You know, Juvia-chan, I wanted to talk about something with you, but I guess now isn't the right time for you."

Juvia noticed the quick clench of his hand, but choose to stay quiet, waiting for him to finish.

"When can you be free, Juvia-chan?" Lyon asked, eyes continue to gaze at the road. He made sure to held her hand delicately as they continue walking.

"... Juvia's free later..." she mumbled.

"I see.." by the time he mumbled back, the two already arrived at the front door of the guild. He sighed before facing her with a smile on his face, "Then you wouldn't mind if I ask for a dinner with you later?"

Juvia merely nodded as a reply.

--------

Wearing a casual outfit, - a light blue dress, accompanied with a yellow flower hair decor placed at the right side of her head which where her hair tied and braided -  Juvia sat face to face to Lyon with a smile.

After a few eating, Lyon decided to break the silence, "You know, Juvia-chan, I'm really happy that you finally consider my feelings for you."

"U-Un!" Juvia could only stuttered a reply.

Lyon's eyes soften at her. He placed a hand on top of hers and said with a knowing smile, "But I know.. that doesn't mean that you feel the same way, correct?"

Juvia stared at him, eyes widen at his words before lowering her head in bitter. Her other hand clench on her skirt, as she bite her lower lip.

"..."

Considering her silent reply, Lyon slowly let go of her hand. "You don't need to be sad about this, Juvia-chan.. I don't want to see you frown because of me.."

"..why.."

After a long silence, Juvia mumbled her question that was echoing inside of her mind from the beginning of the conversation. Her eyes squinted shut as she spoke up loudly this time, "Why aren't you mad? Mad at Juvia?"

"Juvia said it herself.. she'll try..." now with tears flowing down her cheeks, Juvia hiccup while trying to brush the tears away, "Juvia said that she'll try.. but why... Why can't Juvia do it?!"

She roughly brush her eyes with her hand, "Juvia is such an idiot.. and a bad person.. for giving false hope for you, Lyon-sama.. Juvia's the worst."

Lyon, with eyes soften in sadness, extended his hand and carefully grab her right cheek. He can hear her soft whimper, which breaks his heart.

He hushed the girl with reassuring and comforting words. The last thing he wanted to do is to cause grief and sadness to the bluenette, but, I guess he still did it...

"It's alright, Juvia-chan.. I know."

"..."

Lyon smiled at her, "I knew from the very start, that I can't do anything to gain your love. It was selfish of me to force my way to you back then.. back when you're still heartbroken."

Juvia shook her head harshly, "No! Juvia was the wrong one!! Juvia shouldn't be the one receiving an apology.. Juvia was the wrong one..."

"*sigh*... Juvia-chan --" he brushed her tears while continuing to smile at her, "-- it's alright.. really. I have my fault back then as well."

The two stayed quiet before letting out a laugh. Their eyes teared up a bit, while Lyon tried to brush away the tears on her. They both bowed their heads, letting the tears flow down freely.

"Lyon-sama... Juvia's sorry ... but thank you..."