Part 2

The guards flung you down at someone's feet and you kept your eyes on the ground, knowing that you were in front of an Asgardian Royal.
"Someone has been very naughty." A silky voice met your ears and you couldn't help but look up towards the source.
Your breath caught in your throat as you laid eyes on what had to be Prince Loki. The dark hair and the playful, shining eyes gave him away, and a shiver shot through your spine at how beautiful yet terrifying he was.
You had heard rumors of the prince's cruelty before, and your face grew cold as he bent down to meet your eyes.
Any trace of amusement you saw before was gone, and your fingers trembled as Loki demanded, "Tell me where the medallion is, and don't pretend you haven't an idea of what I'm talking about. To whom did you sell it?"
Your eyes were wide and you had to swallow the lump forming in your throat before stammering, "Your grace, I- I didn't sell it. It's inside the pocket in the lining of my cloak."

Loki's calculating eyes roamed your face, searching for any sign of deception. You took a deep breath to try and steady your voice before saying, "Your highness, I know that my word isn't.. exactly credible, but I promise you that as soon as I realized it was of royal ownership I made a plan to return it. I had no intentions of taking it to market after that."
For a long time, the dark haired prince of Asgard peered at you silently and your breathing became ragged as your fear amplified.
When he nodded in the direction of a guard, you assumed the worst and squeezed your eyes shut.
When you felt yourself being released of the chains binding you (instead of being hauled off to a creepy dungeon), your eyes opened in surprise.
The guard had undone your chains and Loki was cautiously sliding your cloak from your shoulders. You inhaled sharply at the sudden proximity and clenched your fists tightly to keep your fingers from trembling. When Loki finally stood and stepped away to check the pocket, your hands relaxed and you glanced at the crescent moon-shaped marks you'd left on your palms.
When Loki had found what he was looking for, exactly as you said he would, his grin transformed his entire face. The medallion caught the sunlight shining from the windows, and as Loki's fingers ran over the words inscribed on the back of the cool metal, he glanced at you gratefully.
"Although you were the reason I lost such a.. sentimental item, you are also the reason I have it back in my possession. It is only because of the latter that I'll show you mercy and allow you to depart."
You quickly rose to your feet but when Loki handed you the cloak back in what was supposed to be a dismissal, his eyes met the bruises and raw, red flesh around your wrists. It was apparent that the skin was red from the chains you'd been shackled in just that morning, yet the bruises were days old.
You tried to hide your wrists, but Loki swiftly caught your arm, pushing up your sleeve slightly to examine the marks. Remarkably, the coolness of his skin grazing yours steadied your heart and calmed your nerves.

You glanced at Loki in awe, and the expression on his face stole your breath. His brows were furrowed and his eyes were full of agony, empathizing with your pain.
Loki's eyes met yours and he questioned, "What happened to you?"
Your voice wavered. "Oh, that? It's- it's nothing, your highness."
His eyes narrowed. "I warn you, do not lie."
You diverted your gaze to your wrist, softly saying, "Forgive me, sire. I was taken from my home as a child and separated from my family. My captor uses my.. abilities to his monetary advantage and has me pick pockets. That was why I had the medallion, highness. As for the marks, he keeps me under lock and key when I'm not on assignment."
Loki released his gentle hold on you and you took a hesitant step backwards, unable to read his expression.
"Could you never escape?"
"No, your grace. My captor made me take something to cease my abilities until he wanted me to use them. Without them, my efforts were futile."
There was something in Loki's eyes that you couldn't make sense of, and his voice grew quiet as he asked, "What abilities do you possess?"
You hesitated before deciding to demonstrate. You lifted your hand and the medallion now tucked into Loki's sleeve slid from the material, moving in sync with your hand slowly upwards.
You straightened your hand and stilled your fingers, and the medallion halted its movement and hovered in the air. You could swear that- no, you must be insane, but.. something about this seemed familiar.
Loki's hand came to rest just below the hovering metal, and you let the medallion fall to rest in his palm.
Loki's eyes peered into yours and it felt like you knew them- and for the first time in ages you felt like the person looking at you really saw you.
"What's your name?" The prince's voice was soft yet pressing, and you felt like you were letting him down when you replied, "I'm sorry, your highness- I don't have one."
Loki's eyes closed and an expression of what looked like guilt passed over his face.
When Loki's eyes finally opened, a mix of shame and relief reflected in them. "I know who you are."

Before he could say anything else, your exhaustion from using your abilities more than usual (and the lack of food in your stomach) sent the room spinning.  You felt yourself falling towards the ground but instead of hitting the hard floor, something warm caught you just before you lost consciousness.

The Lost Asgardian (A Loki X Reader Story)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें