Part 9

Loki didn't let you out of his sight for the rest of the day. Not that you minded, given what had happened earlier. Even though the threat of a psychotic Lelornai was gone and the past was finally laid to rest, the day's events were still weighing heavily on everyone- but Loki especially.

When night fell, Loki insisted on you taking his room for the night, since the fire had damaged yours. He stayed close by your side as you walked down the hall, his hand on your back to make sure you were right there next to him. You couldn't blame him though; you were just as protective of him as he was of you.

Loki nodded stiffly at the guard posted outside of his door as the two of you entered his room. Shutting the door behind him, Loki walked you over to show you the inside of the wardrobe, saying, "June brought over some of your things for you to sleep in, and the connecting bathroom is just through that door. Um.." Loki paused, running his hand through his hair. "I'll be in a room right down the hall if you need anything, alright?"

He turned towards the door and you grabbed his warm hand, saying, "Loki, wait."
He stopped and you stepped in front of him, looking up at him as you said, "I- I really don't want to be alone tonight."

Loki looked down at his hand in yours, waiting a moment before softly replying, "Y/N, you needn't worry. There's a guard posted right outside the door."

"No, I meant- will you stay with me?"

Loki's eyes snapped to yours in surprise at the question. "I-um... I don't know if that's such a good idea, love."

Despite his apprehension, you smiled at the pet name. Rubbing your thumb over the back of his hand, you teased, "How so? As long as you keep these hands to yourself, Loki, I don't see why it would be a problem."

He cracked a smile, the tension in his face melting away at your tone. "Alright. Anything for you, love."

You beamed at him and you slipped your hand from his, grabbing your sleepwear. "I'll be right back," you said before entering the bathroom.

After changing, you tucked your hair behind your ear as you glanced in the mirror. You were a little nervous, but you mostly felt relieved. It just felt right being with Loki; it was like coming home.

You opened the bathroom door with your hand covering your eyes, playfully asking, "Are you decent?"

"Maybe, maybe not." You could hear the grin in his voice and you laughed, peeking through your fingers. When you saw that he was dressed, you dropped your hand to your side and smiled at him.

Loki's white shirt raised slightly on his back as he reached for something sitting on one of his shelves. He hid the object in his hands as he turned to face you, a mischievous sparkle in his eyes as he leaned casually against the shelf.

"What's that?" You asked curiously, taking a few slow steps toward him.

"What's what?" He teased, pretending like he didn't know what you were talking about.

"Whatever is in your hands." You raised an eyebrow as you crossed your arms, an amused smile gracing your lips.

"Oh, that. It's just a little something I made for you yesterday after training, but I'm not sure if I should give it to you. You may not like it." His teasing demeanor faded and the apprehensive tone and nervousness in Loki's eyes were hard to ignore.

Your smile faded and you walked a few more steps until you were right in front of Loki. His eyes stayed on yours as you uncrossed your arms and held out your hand. "You know, I think I'd love anything as long as it came from you."

The corners of his lips turned up into a tender smile and he placed the mystery gift in your outstretched hands. "Loki!" You gasped, your eyes taking in the beautiful necklace in your hands. In the middle of the delicate chain was the gilded tip of an arrow. "You really made this?"