Part 13- A Royal Wedding. Final Part.

This is it! After a few years, this journey is over. It's short, around 1000 words but I hope you all like it. I didn't want to mess it up but wanted it to be good, so please let me know what you think!
————————————————————————
The following month passed somewhat slowly. During that time, you grew closer to your parents and learned more about your family. Your mother attended all of your gown fittings and your father taught you how to dance for the reception. It was shaping beautifully, this life; it actually felt worth living.

You had just slipped on your wedding gown for the last time and your mother was buttoning the back. You gazed into the full length mirror in front of you, barely able to recognize the girl in the reflection staring back at you. Her eyes sparkled happily, her expression light and carefree.

All because of Loki.

Butterflies filled your stomach at the thought of the man who never stopped searching for you. A warm smile lifted your lips and your mother wiped a tear from her eye.

"You're absolutely beautiful, Y/N." She placed a hand on your shoulder as she stared in awe at your reflection.

You placed your hand over hers. Your voice was thick with emotion as you said, "Thank you, mom."

After a moment of you both fighting back tears, your mother said, "It's almost time. I'll see you out there."

She gave your shoulder a light squeeze and slipped out the door. You looked yourself over to make sure nothing was out of place and readied yourself to begin a new life with your prince of Asgard.

You heard a knock on the door and you moved to open it. Your father stood on the other side, his face solemn yet tender. His eyes started filling with tears and you gently chided, "Dad, if you start crying, I'll start crying. I can't be bawling walking down the aisle."

He shook his head and cleared his throat, forcing back the emotions that threatened to spill out. "Right. Are you ready? You know, it's not too late to call this whole thing off."

You laughed and said, "I know. I love Loki too much to walk away."

Your father extended his arm to you, saying, "That's what I needed to hear."

You looped your arm around his and made your way to the grand space the ceremony was being held. The decorations, the lights, and the space itself were all so extravagant that it almost took your breath away. You didn't see the need in the grandeur of it all but as long as you were wed to the embodiment of your heart, you honestly didn't care about the details.

As you stepped onto the long strip of silk material  which covered the aisle, your eyes locked onto Loki's. Everything else faded away. You were vaguely aware of your father walking in step with you slowly down the aisle, but the only thing you could focus on was the elegant, regal form of your fiancé waiting for you at the end of the aisle. He was so enchantingly beautiful that your heart ached within the confines of your rib cage.

You were spellbound with the deepest, most unbreakable form of magic. Love.

You reached the end of the aisle and turned to kiss your father's cheek. He patted your hand and dropped his arm, taking a seat in the front row next to your mother. You turned to stand in front of Loki, placing your hands into his open palms.

You smiled radiantly at the man you love as Frigga began the ceremony. "I was bestowed the great honor of officiating the union between my son, Loki Odinson, and a dear heart who was once lost to us, Y/F/N Y/L/N."

Loki gave your hands a gentle squeeze, his gaze soft and wondrous like freshly fallen snow. Frigga's happiness radiated from her body, encircling her in warmth and light. "It is time for the exchanging of vows. You each have written your own. Y/N?"

Sentimental tears threatened to spill onto your cheeks and you forced them back. You let the words flow straight from your heart. "Loki, I will never forget the day you told me who I was. You gave me back the identity that had been stolen from me. You gave me a reason to keep going when everything seemed hopeless. Because of you, my life has meaning. You will always have my heart. You are my light, my love, my life. I will never stop loving you."

There was a pause before Frigga warmly prompted, "Loki?"

Loki took a deep breath, his eyes glittering with adoration. "Y/N, I will honor and cherish every moment that you grace me with your presence. You are my everything and I will show you every day how much you truly mean to me. You are my partner, my equal in every way. I am grateful that I will get to spend a lifetime with you by my side. I will love you even after all breath escapes my body. And forever after that."

You slipped one of your hands away from his, brushing away a tear of pure joy. You then held out your pinky finger for Loki to take, your voice a gentle whisper, "Promise?"

Loki hooked his pinky with yours, his smile spreading wide. "I promise."

Frigga gently guided, "Now for the rings."

Your father stood and handed you both the rings for each other. You took Loki's left hand and moved the golden band onto his ring finger.

Loki took your left hand in his and pressed a gentle kiss to your knuckles before sliding your wedding band onto your finger.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride."

Loki's hands rested on your waist as he dipped his head down to your height. He pressed his lips sweetly and firmly to yours. Hidden within the kiss was another vow- to never let each other go.

You and Loki were two destined souls, separated and lost only to find each other. The love between you will outlast even the brightest of stars and transcend time itself. It will remain when all else fades.