Part 3

I'm not sure when this is set btw, but I guess it would be way before the Thor movie.. my timeline sucks, sorry! Loki and the reader are supposed to be the same age.
Trigger warning: The reader remembers their childhood abduction. This may be triggering to some readers.

Your unconscious mind filled with forgotten memories, but you could make out only a few of them. You were vaguely aware that you were watching your younger, childlike self as you tried to make sense of what you were seeing. There was a boy that looked roughly the same age as you and he was surrounded by flowers and vines. You realized that the two of you were in a garden, and you peeked through your fingers as the boy ran off to hide. Laughing quietly, your younger self walked in the direction he'd went. You had found him hiding behind a bush and you giggled as you tapped his shoulder. "Gotcha!"
As the boy turned to look at you, you finally got a good look at his face. Your younger self kept on laughing, but with a jolt you realized who those eyes belonged to.
Young Loki's voice met your ears, saying, "Y/N, maybe we should get back to our parents now. We might get lost."
"Oh, please, just one more time?" Your younger self pleaded with Loki and, to your surprise, he gave in.
"Alright, your turn."
Your young body ran off to hide as Loki closed his eyes, but as soon as you'd ducked around a hedge you witnessed a hand clamp over your mouth.
As much as the memory of you tried to scream and fight, it was no use.  You watched helplessly as your young body went limp and you lost consciousness.
"Y/N!" You awoke from your nightmarish recollection gasping for breath, clutching at something warm and breathing.
Wait- warm and breathing?
You quickly came to your senses and let go of the person you'd been holding on to, flushing as you realized that the warmth was coming from the dark haired prince of Asgard.
Loki cleared his throat as he straightened himself, fidgeting with his clothes.
His eyes were soft and full of something you couldn't quite place, and he sat himself down in the chair close to the bed you were laying in.
Noticing this, you sat up and looked around.
Your eyes went wide as you took in the exquisite details of the room and you quickly sat up, knowing that you shouldn't be in one of the palace bedrooms. Images of the place you'd been kept almost all of your life flooded your mind, and you just couldn't believe where you were.
"Are you alright?" Loki's voice was laced with concern, and for some odd reason you wanted to reassure him- even though you weren't at all okay.
"I- I think I'm just a little overwhelmed, your highness. I recalled a memory of something I'd long forgotten- forced myself to forget, really."
Loki sat forward in the chair. "What was it?"
"My abduction. And.."
You took a shaky breath and Loki waited patiently for you to continue.
"I remember how it happened, and.. who I was with."
You chanced a glance at Loki before diverting your gaze back down to your hands.
"Your name is Y/N. Is it alright if I call you that?"
You nodded, not trusting your voice as tears welled in your eyes.
"I am so, so sorry. What happened that day should never have.. I was supposed to look out for you, and I didn't. I dare not ask you to forgive me, but please know that I never forgot that day- or you."
You looked at Loki now, studying his features. In his eyes you could see shame and guilt, in his mouth you could see sorrow, and in his jaw you could see worry and apprehension.
Your face softened as you saw what torment he had already suffered, and your voice was quiet yet pleading.
"Please, your grace, do not blame yourself- I don't. If anyone should condemn themselves, it should be the man who is really at fault and committed the crime. I cannot forgive you for something that was not your wrongdoing, sire."
The intense emotions were still present in Loki's eyes, but the rest of him visibly relaxed.
"Still, I believe I owe you a debt that I'll never be able to repay. I will certainly try, though. You shall stay in the palace until your family- I'm sorry, this is quite overwhelming.. would you like to wait and talk about them later?"
You knew that Loki was keeping your emotions in consideration when saying this, but you'd waited years to find your family.
"No!" You blushed at your protest, bowing your head as you remembered your place. "I mean, I'd very much like to hear about them if you would be so kind as to tell me, your highness. I know you have things of greater importance-"
Loki's silky yet stern voice cut you off. "Look at me."
You hesitantly lifted your head and shifted your gaze to him. "That's better. From now on, I want you to speak your mind unashamedly. You have been silenced long enough, don't you think?"
You nodded slowly, in disbelief that those were actually the mischievous prince of Asgard's words. You'd heard plenty of rumors at the market of what kind of prince he was, but this Loki you were witnessing seemed completely different from what others made him out to be.
"Good. And right now, you are of the highest importance. As for your family, your parents never ceased looking for you."
Your heart dropped to your stomach at the thought of the desperation and pain they must have gone through all of those years.
"That is where they are now- searching for you. As close friends to the throne, your mother and father were offered a diplomatic position and they accepted. They travel all over the Nine settling matters of foreign relations- and everywhere they go, they look for you. They believed that your captor had taken you from Asgard completely. I've sent word for them to urgently return home, but the journey back will take some time. They're expected to arrive in two weeks."
You blinked back tears at the thought of being away from your family even longer, but you knew it couldn't be helped.
"What- what are they like, your highness?"
Loki smiled warmly. "Now that I think about it, you are almost the mirror image of your mother. She is one of mother's wisest friends, and she always carries herself with grace and humility. Your father is valiant and unwaveringly honest. At times, he provides much needed council and advice to my father." He paused, a dark and serious look flashing over his face for just a moment before he swiftly softened his features. "I was always able to come to him for guidance as well."
You implored, "Was?"
You noticed Loki's fingers begin to tremble before he clasped his hand together, ceasing the movement.
"Yes. Your father grew cold towards me after a while, unable to even look in my direction without pain. I reminded him too much of.." He trailed off.
Your voice was soft and understanding as you said, "I'm sorry to hear that, your highness."
Loki glanced at you in surprise before shaking his head and standing to his feet.
"I shall tell you anything else you'd like to know later, but now.. how long has it been since you've eaten?"
Your voice was only a whisper as you replied, "Two days, sire."
"I suppose that contributed to your fainting. We can't have you walking around with an empty stomach, now, can we?" Loki smiled invitingly at you, and when you took your cue and left the amazingly comfortable bed, you glanced at the messed up sheets guiltily.
When you looked back at Loki, his arm was outstretched towards you. You knew you were meant to loop your arm through his to steady yourself as you walked, but you didn't move to do so. Walking side by side with a royal? You couldn't possibly.
Nevertheless, Loki persisted. "Please, Y/N, allow me to help you."
You had no choice but to take his arm as a dizzy spell came over you, making you sway.
Loki's arm was like an anchor in an endless, crashing sea and you didn't know what you would have done without it.
Loki led you through the halls to a set of doors that opened into the kitchen.  You carefully let go of his arm, and he walked forward and said something into the cook's ear. The cook nodded and Loki turned to you once again, offering his arm to guide you into the dining room.
You hated feeling small or like a burden, but you knew that the precaution was for a good reason.
"My family is dining at the moment, so we shall have to join them. Is that alright? Will it be too overwhelming?"
You met his concerned gaze and took a deep breath, releasing his arm.
"That's alright, your highness. I think I can handle it."
With one last weary glance towards you, Loki pushed the dining room doors open.