Part 10

A/N: It's been AGES and I'm so sorry!! I'm back to writing. Leave a comment if you feel like it, they're always welcomed and appreciated!
————————————————————————
"Are you serious?" Loki's voice was raised slightly so you could hear him over the rushing of the waterfall.
You nodded, subconsciously touching the necklace Loki made for you. Loki followed your movement with his eyes and smiled softly.

Loki put his hands up in mock surrender, a playful edge to his voice as he said, "Alright. Just don't complain if you're cold afterwards."

Giddy laughter spilled from your lips as you kicked off your shoes. "I think I'll leave the whining to you."

Loki took off his boots, his voice stopping you from jumping in the water that very second. "I would be nice to me if I were you. Considering you were young when.. when Lelornai took you, do you know how to swim?"

You hadn't really thought about that, you were just so excited to get in the water. "No, I- I don't think so."

Loki raised an eyebrow, the teasing tone in his voice returning. "Then, I would watch how you speak to your lifeline. I'll go in first so you don't drown."

You watched as he took off his shirt and tossed it next to his boots before jumping into the water. Your pulse and breathing quickened when he reached the surface, pushing his wet hair back away from his face by running his hands through it.

"Come on in, Y/N." You took a deep breath before jumping into the water, and for a second you were fully submerged. The water was cold but invigorating, and when Loki pulled you to the surface, you felt more alive than you'd felt in a long time.

The water was deep enough that your feet couldn't touch the bottom, and it was up to your shoulders so Loki really was your lifeline. His warm hands gripped your waist to keep you above the water as you smoothed your hair back away from your face. You placed your hands on his bare shoulders and pulled yourself into his body, feeling more secure the closer you were to him.

"Oh, I see. Tease me for having you ride on my horse just to be close to you, then you do something like this." Loki's infectious grin was a mile wide.

"I could not be touching you at all and try to manage on my own, if that's what you'd prefer." You laughed as Loki snaked his arms around you and tightened his grip.

"Not at all." Loki hummed as you moved your hands from his shoulders to wrap your arms around his neck. "I love you." His voice was low and soft, and if you hadn't have been so close to him, you wouldn't have been able to hear him over the sound of the waterfall.

You smiled, resting your forehead against Loki's. "I love you, too."

After a while of enjoying the time you had alone together, the two of you sat on the grass to dry off and watch the sunset. Loki shuffled close to you and leaned backwards on his hands, one of them resting just behind your back.
You laid your head in the crook of his neck, keeping your eyes on the flowing water but knowing that a smile lifted his lips.

Loki's voice met your ears. "A short time ago, I allowed myself to feel cheated of all those years, all that time I could have spent with you. But I've come to realize every moment that fate allows us to be together is truly a blessing." You glanced at him, and the intensity in his eyes sent a shiver down your spine.

"I feel the same way." You placed a chaste kiss on his lips. Loki responded by gently holding your face with one of his hands and leaning in for another kiss, this one soft and lingering. You looked into his eyes for a bit until the sound of the waterfall reminded you of where you were.

You both admired the waterfall for a little longer, the sounds of the water crashing and flowing filling you with a sense of peace. It was beginning to get late and Loki asked if you were ready to head back.

You moved your head from his shoulder, nodded and released his hand. You both got up and dusted your clothes off before making your way, hand in hand, to where Loki had tied his horse.

Loki mounted the horse once again and helped you up so you were sitting in front of him. This time you didn't tease him, leaning back slightly so you could feel the warmth of his chest pressed against your back.

As the horse began to walk, Loki spoke softly near your ear, "I could get used to this."

You sighed as Loki tenderly kissed your shoulder. "Me too." You were in a daze all the way back to the palace, a little lost in Loki's presence.

When you arrived at the stables, Loki hopped down from the horse and helped you down. You waited by the entrance while he handed the horse off to the stable worker, and when Loki returned, he held his hand out for you to take. You intertwined your fingers with his and smiled softly up at him. He looked down at you with warmth in his eyes.

The clearing of a throat brought you out of your own little world and when you turned your head forward, you saw Queen Frigga standing at the palace doors. You let go of Loki's hand as the two of you approached the Queen.

"Y/N, may I steal my son for a moment?" You knew it wasn't really a question, and that the Queen was just far too nice to outright dismiss you.

You bowed your head, saying, "Of course, your highness." You quickly entered the palace and made your way to Loki's room. You shut the door behind you and leaned on it for a second, taking a deep breath to compose yourself.

When you felt fully steady, you changed into fresh clothes and caught a glimpse of your reflection in the mirror. Your lips were slightly more plump than usual from having been kissed so intensely, and your eyes had a renewed shine to them. Your cheeks were even a little flushed. You looked happy. You looked alive. All because of Loki.

You ran a hand through your hair and sat on the bed, smiling as you thought of the way he looked at you at the waterfall.

A few minutes passed by before Loki entered the room. He sat on the edge of the bed, his back towards you. "Is everything okay?"
Loki didn't respond and it seemed like he was lost in thought.

"Loki?" Still no answer.

"Asgard to Loki!" You gently called, and he snapped back to reality and turned towards you.

"I'm sorry, Y/N. What did you say?"

You touched his shoulder concernedly. "I asked if everything was alright."

Loki laid his hand on yours briefly in a reassuring gesture and he smiled, but it was one of those that didn't quite reach the eyes. "Yes. Mother informed me that your mother and father will arrive in the morning, and they are to stay at the palace until they find a place in Asgard to settle into and make it their home."

Your brow furrowed in confusion. "My parents are staying in Asgard? I thought they traveled all over the realms."

Loki smiled, another one that didn't reach his eyes. "They are being relieved of their diplomatic duties so they no longer have to be away from home, and your father will take the place of Lelornai as battle adviser. They are to remain in Asgard to be with you."

"That's wonderful news, Loki!" You were beaming at the thought of your reunion with your parents, and the stories they'd have to tell from all the years that you were apart.

"It truly is." You could tell he was happy for you, no doubt, but you also knew Loki, and you knew something wasn't quite right.

"What's wrong?" You held his hand in a comforting gesture.

"Nothing, love. I was just thinking about the last time I saw your father." You nodded for him to go on. "He stopped in Asgard for a meeting with Odin a few years ago. I remember passing by him in the hall and he looked at me with such disappointment and contempt. I can't help but wonder if the same hostility will still be present."

You tried your best to make your voice sound soothing and reassuring. "I promise that it will be alright, Loki. Even if he doesn't  come around at first, he will. Be patient and give him time, just like you did with me."

Loki kissed your temple before saying, "You're always right. That's one of the many things I love about you."