Friendship Blossoms, Motive is Forgotten

AN:Italics are for thoughts in this chapter

Tatsumaki was frustratedly looking at her phone. It's okay to text him about last night ,right? After all Tamaki isn't me and what she says won't affect me... She sighed, and started typing. "I had fun," the text said. Seconds later, there was a reply. "Me 2." A grin crept up on her face.

"So, can we go out next week?" she texted rapidly. Two minutes passed without a reply, and Tatsumaki got nervous. Her phone buzzed. Quickly flipping it open, there was a one word reply. "Sure."

--------------

For the next few weeks, the two would hang out once a week, and Tatsumaki was determined to gain at least one more piece of information on Saitama's strength each outing.

"When did you notice your strength's improvement?"

"Around a year and a half into training. I went bald."

"How well do you recover?"

"I haven't had critical injuries in years."

-----------------------------------------

On one outing, around a month and a half after first starting as Tamaki, the two were at an ice cream parlor. It started as a routine meet up in the eyes of Tatsumaki: being together in public to discuss mundane things with the occasional sprinkle of interesting topics. The two were talking about the lack of monster attacks that had been going on for about a week and a half at that point.

"It's rather strange , don't you think?" Tatsumaki asked , taking a spoonful of her ice cream. Saitama shrugged. "At least it's peaceful." I used to look forward to a busy day of fighting.. Tatsumaki thought, looking up at Saitama. Why is she staring at me? Saitama's thought echoed in her mind. Tatsumaki glanced away from him.She smiled slightly, turning back to look at Saitama. I haven't really relaxed in a while. "Hey Saitama-oh no." Her ice cream cup was slipping from her hand.

 Crap! I can't use my powers as Tamaki! That ice cream was delicious too! 

An object suddenly plopped into her hand. Tatsumaki glanced at the cup and back at Saitama. Besides melting a bit, the ice cream was completely fine. Saitama was blank-faced, not even acknowledging what had happened. "Gosh, thank you." Tatsumaki said, grinning. "So, what was it you were going to say?" Saitama asked. "Let's go to the park for a picnic. Its supposed to pretty nice tomorrow." Tatsumaki said, bracing for his answer. "Sure. I'll bring Genos." Saitama replied.

"Uh, sure. I'll text you later for more information." Tatsumaki said, adjusting her wig. "Until then, bye!" Tatsumaki waved, as she walked away from the parlor.

---------------------------------------

Arriving at her apartment, she placed her wig in her closet and collapsed on her bed. She sighed. "Well, that went well." Levitating a notepad and tea forwards her, she contently lay in her bed, satisfied with her outing. On her notepad were pieces of information that she obtained about Saitama. Grabbing a pen from her nightstand, she prepared to write down more. She paused, then groaned. "I didn't get anything today, did I?" Grumbling, she stashed the notepad in her night stand. Grabbing her phone from her pocket, she texted began texting Saitama, frustration about her slip up dissipating. "So, about the picnic.."

"Hey Tam, come on in.Genos will meet us at the park." Saitama said, ushering her inside. "You said you didn't have an apron , so you can borrow mine." He tossed his apron to her. Tatsumaki gripped it in her hands, reading what it said on the front. "Cook packs a punch!", she read, snickering.

She put it on and followed Saitama to the kitchen. "Alright," she said , rubbing her palms together, "do you have the ingredients?" "Yep." Saitama replied, grabbing the needed items from the fridge. They had decided to make onigiri filled with octopus alongside fried veggie dumplings and a chocolate cake for dessert; Saitama making the former and Tatsumaki the latter. They went to work on the food, Saitama's going along with minimal distractions. Tatsumaki ,on the other hand, was staring at the egg in her hand. I should've just bought a cake.She sighed. But this feels..oddly nice..