Deleted Scene

AN: I've been pretty dumbfounded by the traction this fic has gotten, and I noticed some of y'all in the comments wanted more content. Then I remembered I typed up some of the last chapter over  a year ago, but when the story changed, I ended up not using it. The context is sort of the same as the published ending, except with the minor changes of:

-Saitama telling Genos earlier in the story that he thought Tamaki and Tatsumaki were the same person (Genos didn't tell him he knew in either version)

-Saitama not stopping her from leaving

 -The original plot was that Tatsumaki had a crush on him and created the Tamaki persona as a way to get closer to him, no earlier alternate motive like in the finished version 

-Additionally, they (being Saitama and Tamaki) dated earlier on in the story

This is an incomplete work, so my apologies for the loose end note. 

Scene takes place under a bridge.

With all that context out of the way, onto the deleted scene!~

She watched the wig float downstream, sighing. "At least we're still friends."

She heard shuffling in the distance, and created a protective green border.

Turning around hearing a slight shift in the grass next to her, she was greeted by a blank and familiar face.

"Saitama? What are you doing here?" She asked. "I got dumped. She couldn't handle long distance." "Oh..that's unfortunate."

"Yeah.."

"What about you? Why are you here?" He asked. "Couldn't sleep." She sighed.  

Saitama gave her a sad smile. "I came to think 'how I could find a way to change her mind?' "

"I know it'll be kind of difficult to do that." She chuckled bitterly, then sighed.

"Although she does care a lot about you, baldy."

They remained silent for a while.

"Can I tell you what I came up with so far?" He asked quietly.

She gave him a weak thumbs up.

"I didn't care about the powers, or the wig."

She gave him a dead panned look.

"I don't know if that'll change her mind." She stroked the bridge of her nose, ignoring the tiny flutter.

"I wasn't finished." He stated, a more serious look present on his face.

"After about 6 months, I had a hunch, but couldn't confirm it. But then, it hit me. The beautiful green eyes, the weird tension towards Genos, and I couldn't forget floating during our first kiss." His hand brushed his lips briefly.

"A lot of other little things clued me in, but that's not the point."

He scooted closer, placing his hand on hers, slowly intertwining their fingers.

"The point is..I really like you, Tatsumaki."

"Sai.." She squeezed his hand.

"Its cool if you don't wanna answer, but why'd you do it?"

"No, you deserve to know." She leaned on his shoulder.

"Over a year ago, I didn't want to accept the fact that you were stronger than me. I wanted to take you down, but I wanted to do it in secret. Tamaki was created to observe your strength, but as time went on, I didn't care. I just liked being around you."

"..Oh well that's way better than Genos' theory."

"Huh?" She lifted her head off his shoulder to look at him directly. His eyes held a glint of teasing.

"He said something like 'She's liked you for a while, and maybe the Association doesn't allow hero couples'." Saitama shrugged, the teasing glint in his eyes still present.

"..did Genos tell you he knew?" She smirked knowingly, crossing her arms.

"No, but thanks for telling me." She gasped in false shock, before tackling him to the ground. "You're supposed to be the dense one here!" She pouted, dusting her skirt off, as Saitama dusted off his shirt.
He leaned forward to kiss her forehead.

"Wait here." He stood up to run towards the underside of the bridge.
"Saitama, not the wig." She whined, hiding her face in her hands before she felt a light object fall on her skirt. Slowly removing her hands from her face, her eyes lit up at what she saw.

She gently picked up the small daisy, turning to face Saitama with a flabbergasted, yet flattered, expression.
 She placed the daisy in her hair and laid down in the grass, Saitama following in suit.

The two had another period of silence, before Tatsumaki whispered "Damn it."
"Hm?" "I never answered your question."

"Are you sure-" He saw her face inches from his own. "Tatsumaki.." "Saitama.."

He twirled some of her curly hair around his finger, while at the same time cupping her cheek.
She leans in and kisses the tip of his nose before the two close the gap between them.

It was warm, gentle, and something else about this kiss stood out to them.
It was as Saitama and Tatsumaki.
Both agreed they wouldn't have wanted it any other way.

"Saitama, I would love to be your girlfriend." She whispered as the kiss ended, resting her head against his chest , blushing when she felt his heartbeat speed up slightly.

"Then how about a date next week?" He asked. "Of course." She said, attempting to hide her giggle. "What's up?" He chuckled.

"You're blushing." She stated simply, resting her palm against her own warm cheek, gazing at his face. He touched his cheek. "Huh. Guess I am." He gave her a shy smile. Tatsumaki rested her face back on his chest, and the two started to yawn.

"Too sleepy to go home." He wrapped an arm around her, resting his chin on her head.