Ta(tsu)maki

AN: Italics are for texts and memories this chapter.

It sounded ridiculous to herself, but she couldn't help it.

What was first a disguise for a sneak attack was now a disguise for romantic endeavors.

"I can handle this. A double life isn't too bad." She said to herself, checking herself over in tbe mirror.

She was ready to head out, purse in hand, when her phone rang. Already knowing who it was, she didn't bother checking the caller id when she picked it up. "What is it?" She sighed. "Miss Tatsumaki, there are two Dragon Level threats by the coast. A helicopter is coming to pick you up momentarily." She hung up, checking the time. "Six o'clock, damn it!" She hissed, tossing her wig aside and hastily putting on her hero outfit. "This better be quick!"

After quickly killing the two monsters, she was flown back to her apartment. Typing out a text to Saitama, she yet again put on her date outfit before rushing out the door.

To avoid further slip ups, she repeated in her mind the differences between herself and Tamaki whilst she was running to the restaurant.

Tamaki and Saitama were dating, Tatsumaki and Saitama were friends.

Powers versus (formerly) lack thereof.

"I should probably see him next week and apologize." She thought back to a few days before.

"Hey, thanks again for helping with the groceries." Saitama said, putting the last bag away.

"It was no problem. I got to go now, see you soon." She floated up and kissed his cheek.

Realizing what'd she done, she ran out the door, not bothering to close it behind her.

He came out looking for her, before he shut the door and went back inside.

"It must've been my imagination, there's no way he smiled!"

Seeing him and the restaurant getting closer, she brushed off any further thoughts in order to enjoy their date.

It ended earlier when he saw how exhausted she was.

On their next few dates, she decided she would try to make up for the restaurant date,

She brushed her hand against his, although immediately retracted when he said "Tam." Frowning at her own actions, she tried again, before deciding to give up.

She was surprised when he leaned in to kiss her goodnight, and was leaning in herself when a sickening thought brewed in her mind. "This isn't me."

She quickly brought up her arms in an X-position, and ran off without a single excuse as to why; doing something similar on the date that followed.

Scrolling through pictures of the two of them on her phone, she sighed to herself.

"Should I really do this? Get rid of the girl he likes?"

Sinking under her covers, she was deep in thought, her eyes glazing her room. Stopping on the calendar, her eyes widened when she realized she was supposed to be getting ready for their carnival date.

T: Something came up last minute, can't come

S: Its cool, maybe next weekend.

She winced, looking for an excuse to not see him for a bit longer.

T: Boss just said I'd be working overtime next weekend too.

Grabbing an old notepad, she decided to write down reasons.