Wedding of the Century pt 9

...Korrine...

 As I open my eyes... I feel my rib numbing as I sit up, blood rushing inside and out. I take a look all around me as I see a blue sky above me. I look down and see a small world beneath me. I jumped back as I viewed below. I stared at the beauty as I gaze at the lighted area of London, my eyes widening as I look up. The skies are a jewel blue and the clouds candy white. 
 My dreamy delusion is interrupted as faint words are heard from a distance. "Korrine... Korrine!" I narrow my eyes as I see a Harriet limping over to me. I widened my eyes as I begin to run towards her. Harriet's brown hair was tipped with white, the white hair thin like sandpaper. Once I reached her, she tripped slightly. I caught her as her face paled.

 "Arclight! What's going on?!" I asked, shaking her slightly. Harriet pointed down as I then realized the surface we were on was none other than a mirror glass surface. I gasped as the surface below revealed the present moments that were occurring now. Undertaker, Sebastian, and William were working together to stall time by fighting Vanessa. I felt anger push up from my gut as I stated, "We need to get out of here. NOW."
 Harriet asked, "But how? I've been circling all around here but there's no way out."
 I shook my head and replied, "There has to be a way out. Or that bloody Undertaker will be sorry." I narrowed my eyes as I notice a sudden shine in the north. I wondered what it was as I laid Harriet down. "Can you hold up a bit? I think there's something over there..."

 Harriet snapped, "That's over a mile away! You expect me to stay alive long enough for you to come back?!"
 I put a hand on her as I took off my heels and veil. "No, I expect you to not to die in general. Be if you insist, be my guest." Harriet cursed at me as I began running towards the flare, picking up my dress as I did. Honestly, it felt odd. Harriet's energy had drained from this place. But I on the other hand... I felt as if I could do anything out of the ordinary. My feet were light as I ran, as if the distance from where Harriet was and to the flare were only a trip to the bedroom and over to the study... A deep energy within me surged as I continued running...

...Adrien/Undertaker...

  I cursed under my breath as I swung at Vanessa, only for it to be blocked once more. "Fools! You'll only speed up your deaths!!!" 
 Sebastian used a pillar nearby and threw it at Vanessa. He sighed as Vanessa cut it in half with her spear and muttered, "Are you certain that whatever you're planning will work?" Dodging as Vanessa flung William at him. 
 I narrowed my eyes. "It WILL work. I'm certain of it..." I gazed back at Nadine's body and gazed at the mirrior near her. Hurry up, Korrine... Nadine is depending on you...

 ...Korrine...

  I breathed in and out as I finally reached the flare's pinpoint. I stared above as the blue star twinkled. I walked around it until I bumped into something hard. I stumbled back as I took a further realization of the picture. It was a crystal pillar, one that shone brightly as it reflected the light of the moon and sun. I blinked. That pillar wasn't there before... I thought, circling around it. I took another spin as I mutteted, "I would kill for Nadine to be here..." I sighed as I took another step. My foot sank into an unknown substance as it dragged my leg down. I shrieked as I clung onto the crystal. My left hand had slipped as the substance dragged me by my waist. I gritted my teeth as my right hand slipped, causing me to fall.

 I fell down an empty pit of pitch black. I kept  falling and falling... Until my entire body tumbled down a pile of coal rocks. My dress ripped in most places, seeming like a short dress rather than a flowing wedding gown. The bits of rock scraped at my cheek and leg as I could feel blood beginning to pick out, the taste like metal. I picked myself up as I carried myself to the center of the area, a blue light peeking down from the blue skies above in the mirrior realm. I peered at the light as I looked down. I stiffened as I felt a strand of salty water slip from my eye, realizing I had shed a tear... Mentally, I stopped crying and feeling sappy. But physically... The tears kept falling. I held my legs to my chest and closed my eyes. I was alone. Again. There was no one to accompany me. I suddenly realize how good it felt to have people with you... 

 Lizzie, Ciel, Rashed, Nadine, Lilliane, Diane, Mariona, Blanche, heck, even Alois for all I care. They were all there. No one seemed to abandon me, even when their lives were at stake. Randomly, I had laughed, and I blinked and asked myself if that really was me. The sound of my laughter sounded so innocent and happy. I laughed again, as I remembered those few memories that made me happy, like I didn't actually have a war to battle in at all...

 I sighed and shuddered. A cold wind harshly blew my way as the light from above closed. I widened my eyes as I panicked. I looked around as I cursed. The only thing I could hear were my panicked breaths and my heartbeat, the beat so loud it could echo. 

 I breathed in and out as I slipped down the wall, my legs up to my chest. I closed my eyes and silently gave up. I didn't want to fight anymore. My battle is over. Regardless, even if Alois manages to stay alive through the bloody fight... He'll be surrounded. I shed a tear as I shivered from the cold. 
 "My lady..." 
 My eyes snap open as I stand, looking around. "Who's there?! Show yourself!!!" 

 The voice chuckled. My heartbeat sped as the voice once again spoke, "My lady, you look awful... And my, are we giving up now? What did I tell you? You are Countess Korrine Kingsleigh of the Kingsleigh Clan. A Kingsleigh is never a quitter; for she may be curious and get into trouble... But... There is nothing that she cannot do. For a Kingsleigh... Does not believe in the impossible, does she not, my lady?" 

 I gasped as I began stuttering. "N-Nadine...?" The voice chuckled again.
 "My lady... You haven't answered my question." 
 I wiped away my tears as I boldly answered, "She does not believe in the impossible... For the word itself says its possible." 
 A faint light glew around the room as I could feel warmth return to my body. "Very good, my lady. Now pleas-" 

 "Show yourself!!!" I yelled. "I ORDER YOU TO COME OUT HERE, NADINE! I DEMAND IT FOR HELL'S SAKE!!!" 
 The voice sighed as the red light glew again from a near distance. "My lady... I am truly sorry... But I cannot truly complete the task you ask of." I stared at the light as I jumped down, and gazed at a glowing red sword. The voice came... From a sword? Very... Weird. 

 The sword spoke, "I may not be able to be with you exactly, my lady... But I am here. And I will help you. By our contract... And by my right as your mother. If you'll accept me again... My.. My Korrine." 

  I felt tears come back again as I grabbed the hilt of the sword and pulled it out with a yell, as my vision flashed white, and I appeared right beside Harriet, who looked at me with widened eyes and a shocked expression. "How the devil are you here?!" She exclaimed, pointing a finger at me. 

 I blinked at her and looked towards the sword in my hand. I gave a deep breath as I tightened my grip. "Time to get out of here..." I stated, as I raised the sword. 
 Harriet shouted, "WAIT!!! How are you even sure whatever you're doing will get us out?!" 

 I smiled softly as I whispered, "I really don't." Harriet looked terrified of my answer as I lift the sword over my head, and impale the surface below, the sound of a small crack heard, then another... As the cracks expanded and the area around shattered...