Four

Peter was in a cloud of bliss the next day. He was waiting for nerves to set in, as his audition was at two. He ran through the song and the dance again, wondering if he should text Tony. He wanted to but also didn't want to appear to clingy. Maybe a good morning text? That couldn't hurt right? Peter unlocks his phone, pleasantly surprised to already see a text waiting.

Received Tony: Good morning Stella~ How did you sleep?

Peter tilts his head. Stella? Had he meant to send that to someone else? He felt a pant of disappointment.

Sent Tony: Who's Stella? My name is Peter.

After that was sent, Peter's phone started to ring and he panicked. He drops his phone and curses, scrambling to answer it.

"H-hello?"

"Good morning." The smile was obvious in his voice.

"So who is Stella?"

He hears Tony laughing and Peter smiles at the sound but feels as if he's missing something.

"Peter, you are Stella. I'm Italian. Stella is Italian for Star. Because you're a star."

Peter feels himself blush. He felt stupid now.

"Hello? Peter?"

"S-sorry. I just feel stupid now."

"Peter, I'm not seeing anyone else. I promise."

"No I know that. I believe you. I just....I guess I'm just paranoid. It's dumb. I'm so-"

"Peter. It's okay. Don't worry about it. I'll figure out a nickname for you."

Now Peter felt terrible.

"You don't have to do that. It's okay, really."

"Peter." Tony says gently. "Are you okay? Really?"

"Yeah." Peter takes a deep breath. "I'm fine. I think it's just nerves."

"Take a deep breath Peter. You'll do great. I believe in you."

"Thanks Tony. That means a lot coming from you."

"Okay I gotta go. I'll call you at lunch?"

"Yeah. That sounds great. I'll talk to you the. Have a good day Tony."

"Shine on beautiful."

Peter couldn't stop the smile on his face as the call ends. He puts his phone down on the bedside table and gets up. He had some time to kill before his audition and decided to spend it watching Star Trek: The Next Generation.

-----.------

Tony hangs up just as the elevator doors open and he nearly runs smack dab into Steve Rogers, his boss.

"Woah there." Rogers takes a step back. "Head in the clouds Stark?"

"Nah. I was just on the phone is all."

"How's your tumor patient doing?"

"Better now. He was awake and sitting up when Strange left last night. I'm about to go check on him."

"Well keep me posted. Oh and I need to see you at lunch, okay?"

Confused, Tony finds himself nodding.

"Alright, sure."

"Don't worry, you aren't in trouble." Rogers gives a smile.

"Well that's a relief. I didn't do anything wrong this time."