Chapter 23:Nostalgia

With everyone's schedules aligning for once, the decision was unanimous: they would all visit Y/n together.

'Ugh, this heavy atmosphere is going to suffocate me,' Taehyung thought, watching his brothers get ready with a deep sigh.

He caught sight of Jimin, lost in his own world, his gaze fixed on nothing in particular. 'And seeing this gloomy guy isn't helping lighten the mood either.'

"Is everyone ready?" Jin's voice broke through Taehyung's thoughts. Taking a moment to glance around and see nods of affirmation from everyone, Jin gave a firm nod. "Let's go."

The way to the hospital was filled with an unsettling silence, punctuated only by the soft shuffling of shoes and the occasional clearing of throats. Time seemed to blur, and before they knew it, they had already stepped inside the hospital's quiet corridors.

"You guys go ahead, I'll just check in with the nurse about a few things," Jin said, waving the others forward and they followed.

As his brothers disappeared around the corner, Jin approached the reception desk.

"Good morning, sir. How may I assist you?" The nurse greeted him with a warm smile.

"Could you update me on the recent activities and condition of a patient?" 

"Certainly. What's the patient's name?"

"Lee... Y/n."

The rhythmic tapping of keys filled the brief silence as the nurse entered the name and searched the database for information. Jin waited patiently, his usual smile masking the worry in his eyes.

"Lee Y/n... Ah, yes," the nurse started, her tone carefully measured. "She's currently stable, but she experienced some complications last night."

Jin's heart sank at her words, a wave of anxiety washing over him. "What kind of complications?" he asked, striving to keep his voice steady.

"Her heart stopped, but fortunately, they managed to resuscitate her," the nurse said, meeting Jin's gaze with a compassionate look. "Her doctor will be conducting another assessment later today. If you'd like more detailed information, you can speak with him."

Jin took a moment to process the information, his mind racing with concern. "Thank you," he finally said to the nurse, nodding slightly. 

Returning to where he'd left the others, Jin opened the door and noticed the subdued atmosphere had deepened. The weight of his worry was evident in his expression, and the others picked up on it immediately.

"Hyung, what did the nurse say?" Namjoon asked, his voice filled with concern.

Jin hesitated for a moment, obviously choosing his words carefully. "It seemed that Y/n had some complications last night." 

"Complications..?" J-hope asked as he looked at the tall man who seemed to be avoiding their gaze. 

"Her heart stopped, but they managed to bring her back," he explained, trying to maintain a composed demeanor despite the turmoil inside him.

A heavy silence followed, each member processing the news in his own way. Taehyung clenched his fists, Jimin looked down with a pained expression, and Jungkook's eyes widened in shock.

"Let's be thankful that at least we know Y/n is also fighting.." Namjoon stated trying to lighten up the mood. 

'Fuck my head is going to split.'

Your head throbbed, a sharp pain making you wince. every sound amplifying the pain.

As you tried to piece together your surroundings, voices began to filter through the haze of your thoughts.