Just a servant to you||Trouble

When Nightmare stepped into the throne room he groaned at the smothering feeling of happiness. "Khloe what do you want?"

To his surprise he wasn't met with an enthusiastic 'Nighty' or a hug but instead with a girl who stared at him with rather dull eyes. The once smothering feeling of happiness turning into worry and regret.

"Nightmare, Cross is in trouble."

Nightmare froze at the sound of Cross's name and his eyes narrowed. "How do you know." He growled, his tentacles also responding aggressively.

She flinched, scratching the back of her head.

"Well I was coming over to your alternate universe to celebrate uh.... Cheesemas! Yes cheesemas! And I uh ran into some things..."

Cross was silent the whole ride back to Nightmare's place, Dream had been considerate enough to have brought him back.

Even when he had moaned out Nightmare's name.

Cross knew it, he liked Nightmare. He should have known when he stayed with the older despite everything he put him through.

He knew he has a better chance with Dream than Nightmare.

He knew that Nightmare had lied to him about Dreams existence.

Cross hadn't even known Dream existed.

Why.

Why didn't he remember him?

His memory was so fuzzy.

He remembered Dream's death but nothing before that.

He remembered waking up in a white universe, a ghost staring at him sadly.

He remembered Nightmare saving him.

What happened?

Khloe finally admitted the truth, her blue eyes staring at Nightmare. A trace of guilt and regret in her eyes.

She had successfully undone the spell Nightmare had cast over his own brother. Nightmare had always been terrified of her power, she had been made to erase the spells, mistakes, and damages Ink, Error, and every other creature had made.

(She forgot me obviously-)

But she was young and inexperienced, her emotions to wild for her own good. She was emotionally weak, letting herself get attached to too many and be betrayed by too many. That was her downfall.

And despite all Nightmare's years in covering up his feelings he had to admit.

He did like Cross.

He enjoyed the younger's presence way too much for his liking and he was terrified with the small infatuation he had with the younger. Terrified it would get them both hurt.

If Nightmare ever had a downfall it would be because of Cross.

And Dream knew that.